prologue

she stops and stares. he senses someone looking at him, glances at the window and catches sight of her. she shoves down her cap and shuffles away from the cafe quickly. he jumps out of the cushioned chair he was seated in, grabs his computer bag and dashes out of the cafe, determined to catch up to her. she turns around, grins and starts to jog to the nearest subway. he's beginning to lose sight of her and starts to sprint,  pushing passers-by out of the way to see where she had gone. he catches sight of her slim figure turning the corner and races to get to her. loud exclamations of surprise and irritation are heard as he makes his way through the busy street. but by the time he has reached the alley he had seen her disappear into, she is nowhere to be seen. letting out an audible sigh, he reaches into his jeans pocket to take out his phone and call his driver.  it's not there. he checks the other pocket, the back pockets, his computer bag, nothing. it seemed to have vanished, just like her. he tries to recall where he might have placed it. then it dawns upon him: the cafe. in his hurry to leave he had probably left it on the table. as he turns to go back, something or someone grabs the back of his coat. a scream starts to come out from his mouth but a heavy metal object is clamped over it, shutting him up. he feels a sharp prick on his neck, by now his whole body is quivering in fear. and just like that, he loses all consciousness.

author's note :

hi!! hope you like the first part of my new book! stay tuned for the upcoming parts of the story and please don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!! thanks so much for supporting another aspiring young writer!!🙃🙃🙃