her

Wednesay, June 21, 2015

11.37 AM

the tiny jingle bells ring as she shoves the door open. 'hi there sweetheart, lookin' for something?' the weathered shopkeeper winks playfully as she strides past the counter. she fakes a smile and continues toward the back aisle. as she picks up a ball of twine and places it in her basket she hears the soft but familiar jingle of the bells on the front door. a small boy with a golden retriever half his size shuffles in as she peers over the top of the shelf. the shopkeeper smiles wanly as the boy approaches the cash register. 'one cherry lollipop please,' the boy grins shyly as he places a dollar on the countertop. the dog barks loudly and he pats its  head, whispers something in its ear. the dog barks once again, leaving its slobbery tongue hanging out. the boy accepts the lollipop from the shopkeeper and hesitates before asking 'excuse me, do you sell any dog biscuits?' the shopkeeper nods, turns around and grabs a pack from the shelf behind him. 'that would be 3 dollars young man' he says as he places it in the boy's hands. the boy digs into his pocket, takes out another dollar. he checks his other pocket, gets a few more coins. ' i only have a dollar fifty...' his meek voice trails off. the shopkeeper's smile slowly evolves into a frown. ' then im afraid you cant have it.' the boy's face reddens, he turns to leave. 'i'll pay,' she has gathered her stuff and placed a basket on the counter. 'add it to my stuff' she stares at the shopkeeper in the eye and he shrugs 'your money, your choice' the boy stares at her, tears brimming in his eyes. she grins at him. the dog licks her fingertips and she pats its head gently. the shopkeeper places her stuff and the dog biscuits on the counter, all on plastic bags. 'thank you' the little boy whispers as they walk out of the tiny shop. she nods in reply and heads of in the opposite direction. as she walks, she wonders why she did what she did. maybe she did have a heart, maybe she wasnt what she thought she was, maybe she wasnt just a cold killer.

author's note:

hii im SUPER sorry i havent updated in so long cuz i had this argument with my parents abt writing on wattpad but YAY im here so yea😋 hope u like this chapter tho its kinda cliche HAHAHH dont forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!!