Chapter 2

Dylan had left. I sat in bed and cried all night. Why was it me who had to be tortured? My best friend I ever had gone in a flash. He had to move because his dad got a job. A very good job. He is now a banker. I preferred his old job when he drove the ice-cream Van. All those memories. I wish my dad was as kind as Dylan's Dad. Even though I only knew him a week, he was still so kind. Even me and his dad had so many memories.

I started getting slightly bored of guitar so I put it away. I opened up my song notebook and took out a pen. There are so many choices on what to write. I might write about being bullied, what you should do, that I never could do.

It took a while but eventually I wrote a whole good song. I called "Forever lonely". Now I just need a tune to go with it. I think maybe I could do saxophone. I will take out my recording equipment and use that. The tune was pretty easy. Then I started singing after I recorded the saxophone. When I finished pitting it on a CD I put it in my CD player and started listening. I actually really like this song. And now that I think it, I can sing. I started feeling tired of listening to the song loads of times, so I'm going to bed.

I woke up in the morning. Now I remember. SCHOOL. I need to stay away from Ruby and Brooklyn. Otherwise they will find me and god knows what they will do. I put on my uniform. The tie is hard to tighten. I'm trying, but it's not tying. Just then my dad walks in.

"I heard your music last night" mumbled dad "your really really good".

"Thanks dad" I say smiling.

"Need any help with that tie?" Asked dad.

"Yes please" I said.

I put on my red school bag and walked out the door. Even if ruby did catch me on the way to school, I am still pretty fast, so I can run and I'm pretty small compared to Ruby and Brooklyn. Towards the end of the block I see a van driving. Oh no, it's Ruby's van. Her dad and her poke their heads out the window and throw a football while they both shout "SUCKERS!!!" Woah her dad isn't nice either, I thought. Well that's life I guess.