Chapter 1

Guitar is hard work. There are lots of chords to learn and music to read. It's also fun though. I get to sing at the same time. I never actually know what I sound like. But I feel like I'm good. I've recorded myself singing at put it on YouTube. I didn't say it was me though. All those 3000 likes it got would be gone if they knew it was me.

I'm Kirsty James, I'm only 12 but my family say I have a talent. They say I can sing. Everyone says I'm pretty too. They also would probably say I'm kind and a bit cheeky but that would only be true if they got to know me. I feel like a loner saying this but I have pretty much no friends. It's not my fault really I try. It's just school. Middle school is full of bullies. They just make me feel like I want to cry. Some people say I'm strong to stick up for the bullies but I don't. Every evening, I feel ..... Strange. I just want to kill myself. I just take out a small pin and cut myself. Nothing much really, it just make a me feel better. I feel like when I'm hurt, it makes the bullies happier, and if the bullies are happy, they will be nicer.

Guitar is stressing. My mom told me I should learn at least 4 instruments. Piano, flute and saxophone are not a bother. But the guitar is hard. Your hands need to be fast and quick. I used to be the sportiest girl ever. I ran laps and I would never stop. I felt confident then back in those days. And then the horrible day in 4th grade came where Ruby pushed me. I felt my knees scrap against the ground. I started to cry. And ruby laughed. This is when I started getting bullied. I came to school the next day on crutches and all the girls laughed. Some of the weird boys who no one likes started laughing too, trying to impress the girls. But most of the boys seemed to feel sorry for me. The day after that, Mark brought me flowers and James got my chocolates. But the best present was from Dylan. Dylan gave me a hug. My first hug in years. I missed the warm feeling. One if the feelings that made me smile.

Dylan was the one that thought me to sing. He told me how pretty I was and I was so happy. I was hoping the moment would never end. He was probably my best friend I ever had. He played me a song on guitar. It made me smile. Smile so much. And he was very good for an 11 year old. We stead together for a week. He kept ruby away while he could. But then my life almost ended. Dylan was moving. He was moving to New York. I was never going to see him again. I live in Los Angelas so I was miles away. I gave hime a kiss on the cheek. He told me that was a kiss he would never forget even in 70 years when he's old and dying. And then the moment ended.