The Monster

Maddies p.o.v

I was exploring the woods with my friends on a Friday night at 12:00. It was a dare made by my brother, who was the same age as me, 13. We both had blue eyes and black hair, but I had  freckles and he didn't.

"C'mon, Maddie... you aren't scared.... are ya?" asked  Max. "No way" I responded. But I was scared. Very. Me and Max and my best friend, Carey, dared me to go into the woods to see who was braver. Whoever was in 3rd place, he/she had to ring your neighbors doorbell, 5 houses down, see if she'll open the door and ask, "Hey can I borrow some toilet paper and maybe some eggs?" She's gonna think your gonna egg her house. Whoever was in 2nd place, had to post a pic of the most daring/weirdest pic of themselves, post it on Instagram,and send it to their crushes, and whoever was in 1st place,....Well we didn't know yet.....

"Well if your so eager, why can't you go first Max??" I asked crossing my arms.

"Hmmm.......Fine. I will" he responded smirking.  I rolled my eyes and said, "Go"

He went out the back door and started walking towards the dark woods.

He saluted me and walked in.

Me and Carey waited for about 5 to 10 minutes when Max came running out banging on the door to let him in. Carey quickly did so.

"Max!? What happened? You look so scared?" I asked him.

"I-I s-saw something in t-the woods" he sputtered.

"You did!?"

"Nope. Just wanted to see that pathetic look on your face!" Max cried toppling over laughing.

"You totally fell for it Maddie!" he said.

My face turned red. "Max! That's not funny!"

"Well... it kinda was... a little bit" Carey agreed looking down.

"Yeah, that's only because you have a crush on Max and just want too agree with him all the time" I thought angrily.

That's it. I was done with Carey my own best friend, and Max teasing me all the time! I was gonna show them! I was gonna go in those woods and prove to them I'm brave!

"Well, now I'm going in those woods for sure." I said seriously.

"Then go"

I stepped outside into the cool breezy night air and was just about to step foot in those woods when,

"Maddie! Come inside this instant!"

I turned around. Ugh. It's Mom.

I sighed and walked back inside.

"You guys are way too loud and me and Lacey are trying to sleep! (Lacey is my little sister), and you!" She pointed at Max. "Are supposed to be sleeping."

"Sorry" Max replied grinning at running back to his room.

Mom shut the door and said to me and Carey, "Girls, please it's midnight. You shouldn't be up this late. And also you shouldn't be outside this late! Don't do it again. Please go up to your rooms and.... chilla"

"It's chillax Mom. Not chilla" I mumbled under my breath.

Carey and I walked back up to my room.

"So that was pretty exciting, right?" Carey asked after we had snuggled in our sleeping bags.

"Sure"

"I mean, don't you think Max is just so... perfect? With his swift black hair and beautiful blue eyes and his wonderful personality-"

"No. He's my brother. He's gross. And.... ugh." I shivered.

"Whatever" Carey said laughing.

"Nighty night Care Bear" I said

"Nighty night"