Chapter 4

"Aww man!  You guys showed up! I was hoping you wouldn't! I thought you guys were chickens!" Max said crossing his arms.

"Well we did show up and we are NOT chickens!" I replied sticking my chin out.

Max rolled his eyes.

"So? Are we gonna do the dare or not!?" I said impatiently.

" Alright alright. Calm down" Max replied. " So we at least have to go all the way to the back of the woods and then walk back to the front. We have to stay in there for about 10 minutes. At least. And we have to begin at 12:00 midnight"

"Coool" John said grinning.

"So.. uh... who's gonna go first?" Carey asked. "I can go with Max!"

"You can't go alone?" Max asked her.

"No... I need protection.." Carey replied batting her eyelashes..

Maxs p.o.v

Seriously? This chick needs protection?? Ugh whatever.

"Fine I'll go with you Carey" I replied rolling my eyes.

Carey blushed and nudged my sister, Maddie.

"But Maddie and John will go alone! Then I'll go alone after I go with Carey" I responded.

"Oh and I almost forgot. We have to try to be SUPER QUIET cuz remember the last time with Mom?" I said. Maddie and Carey both nodded.

"Ok. Who's first?" John asked.

"Hmm... I say.... you John. Then me and Carey. Then me alone. Then Maddie last" I answered.

"Alright. Be right back" John said as he walked in.

Maddies p.o.v

7 and a half minutes later...

John came back walking out of the woods.

His leg pant was ripped from his knee to his ankle.

"What happened to your pants John?" I asked backing up.

"Oh, I ran into some tree branches on the way in and out"

"Oh"

"Good job John. But you only stayed in for 7 minutes. You were supposed to stay in for 10. You were close though. Let's see how the other... Um... "contestants" do" Max said doing the thing with his fingers.

"Ugh" John responded kicking the ground.

"Good luck with Carey in there. Don't screw around" I said to Max nudging him as he walked past me. "Shut up Maddie" was his answer. I laughed.

After about 4 and a half minutes Max came running out with Carey behind him.

"What happened? That was only 4 pathetic minutes!" I called.

"There is NO WAY I'm going somewhere alone with Carey ever again!!"  Max said eyes wide.

Carey stood there smiling and blushing.

I walked over to Carey, "Carey, what did you do?"

Carey looked shocked, " Whaaaat? I didn't do nothing! Except... I might've said a couple of nice.... happy..... awesome.... loving things... and I might have kissed.... him..."

"You kissed Max!?"

Carey shrugged.

"Let's just forget this! We will never speak of this!" Max responded sitting down on the grass shivering. "I don't feel too good now. I'm gonna head back inside and lay down. You still have to go though Maddie. John will stay and watch you. After you've come back, John just go up to my room." Max said walking back in the house.

"You heard the boy. Go!" John said waving me off.

"Ok ok!"

I stepped my right foot into the chilly midnight woods.

The branches swayed and the owls hooted.

I almost decided not to go in, it could be dangerous, who KNOWS what animals could be in there.

"No Maddie. Your brave. Your gonna show Max, John, and Carey who you really are. A brave cool daredevil sort of tomboy" I thought and I gave myself a pep talk.

"Time is ticking!" John called.

I sighed and stepped in.

Here we go.