Chapter 1: "Slipped Away"

"You look sexy as hell, baby

"You look sexy as hell, baby." My boyfriend, Justin, whispered in my ear as I grinded against him.

            "I didn't know hell was sexy." I whispered back into his ear. As the song switched to a slower song, I whined not wanting to stop grinding against Justin's hot body. "I need to fill up." I lead him towards the dining room of the house we were at and poured more vodka into my cup. "You know what we should do?" I ran my fingers along his chiseled body.

            He placed his hands on my waist. "Yes, I do." He said as a huge smile crossed his face and his eyes lit up like a little kid in a candy store.

            "Not that. We talked about this, Justin. I'm not ready."

            "What then, Sel?" He asked letting go of my waist.

            "Race?" I knew he could never turn that down. Justin was always up for a challenge and he did not like to lose.

            "Hell yes!" He shouted his eyes lighting back up.

            I stumbled my way back into the living room to find my best friend and her boy. I knew they were always up for a good race. I found them grinding against each other in the corner. "Hey, Miley." I slurred, excited for what was about to happen.

            "What's up?" She threw her drink down her throat.

            "You and Liam up for a race?"

            "Are you ready to lose?" Liam asked smirking.
                                   ...
            "Floor it!" I shouted with excitement as my boyfriend revved the engine of his daddy's brand-new Ford Mustang. We were sitting at a red light with Miley and her boy, Liam, in the car next to us. As the light hit green both cars tires squealed leaving a burning rubber smell in the distance. My alcohol influenced body shook with excitement as we sped in front of Liam's car. I stuck my middle finger at them as they tried to pass us, but Liam's old car was no match for Justin's.

            "Yeah, Baby, we're gonna win this!" Justin shouted holding a fist into the air. I took a swig of whatever was left in my cup as we turned a corner to head back to the party.

            "No one's a match for you, babe." I caressed his neck.

            As we took the next corner a deer jumped onto the road making Liam swerve and slide his car into Justin's. Liam's car flipped, and Justin's slid into the ditch and slammed the passenger side into a tree. All I remember is the sound of glass breaking, tires screeching, and screaming. So much screaming. And then everything went black.

...

            My eyes stung as they tried to adjust to the blinding light above me. The obnoxious beeping noise was getting old as well. My entire body throbbed in pain as I tried to move.