Chapter 3

We pulled up at the mall and got out of the car. We walked into the mall and looked for Forever 21. Once we found the store, we searched for the bathing suit department, I looked for a mint green bikini top. Ser was in search for a hot pink bikini top. After looking for what seemed like the longest time, just for a bathing suit, I found what I needed. The top I choose was a really pretty minty green, it crossed in the middle and was held up by one strap that ties around the neck. I found some bottoms that were pasty pale pink, the sides were cut so they had little holes on the side. They were really cute. But of corse Serena was still looking for "the one".

"Ugg! I am not having a good day." She said and got all sad.

"What are you looking for?" asked a sales lady. I don't know if she owns a mirror or something, but her makeup was really over the top. She kinda looked like the birthday cake I had when I was like 10.

"I am looking for a hot pink top." Said Ser back. But when she turned around to face her, her eyes widened and she looked like she just saw a ghost. I could not hold in my laughter.

"Ok well, we have a variety of hot pink bathing suits." She bent down. "Look here." She said holding it out to Ser.

"But look how it crosses in the front. I can't have that. It needs to be more simple." I swear I saw her stick up her nose.

"Ok then. let me have a look in the back." She walked away.

"Gosh could she have been more rude?" asked Ser.

"Are you kidding me? You are the one who literally stuck up your nose to her!" I said half laughing.

"Ok yah, but still she was mean."

"She was nice. And she could have said forget about it. But didn't." I crossed my arms in defense of the sales lady.

"Ok I was a little stuck up. But only a little."

"Fine then." She came back holding the cutest bathing suit top ever. And I knew if Ser didn't like it, she was just doing it to get on the sales lady's nerves.

"Ok I think that's the cutest top ever!"

Said Ser with widened eyes. "And I just wanted to say, incase I looked a little stuck up, I'm just having a bad day. And thanks for the top!"

"Really it's no trouble. Have a nice day." She said as she handed Ser the top and walked away.

"Wow I was not expecting that." I said

"What can I say? I'm not that stuck up." She empathized the 'that'.

After we paid for our bathing suits we went to the next store on Ser's list, Pacsun.

We walked toward the store but then realized two kids from our school. Will and Brandon. Oh. No. Nobody really liked them, and Ser and I were a little scared of them. They were considered the 'bad boys.'

I nudged her with my elbow and nodded towards them. She looked up and instantly grabbed my elbow, dragging me into the store.

"Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no!" She said as we walked into the store.

"I know I know, but it's ok right? I don't think they noticed us any way. And even if they did, why would they follow us?"

"Because they are creeps." She said in a matter if fact tone of voice.

"Ok. Then let's just try to blend in." I was looking around and saw an adorable dress. It had cuts in the shoulders and lots of pink flowers. I loved it. But just as I was about to pick it up u was grabbed from behind and thrown into the nearest changing room.

"What the - "

"Shhh!" Said Ser. As she cut me off. "Their here"

Oh great. " You know, we could just ignore them." I gave her a side smile.

"But, what if they talk to us?"

"We talk back?"

"Ok. what if they threaten us???!!! OMG that would be terrible!"

"Yes. yes it would. But that won't happen!"

"Ok. Let's go."

We walked out and I headed back to the dress. I found my size and went to the counter to pay for it. Just as I was about to take out my wallet, someone from behind me took my wrist from my purse and said,

"It's ok, I got it." His voice was defiantly not Serena's. It was Brandon

"Umm what?" I asked. Ok now I was scared.

"It's ok. I got it." he said but not nicely. At all.

"That would be $19.95." The lady behind the counter said to Brandon.

I looked for Serena, she was over by the shorts area, looking at me puzzled. I shrugged giving her a 'I have no idea' look.

The lady bagged my dress as Brandon handed her the cash. She reached over the counter and gave Brandon my dress.

He looked at me and smiled. I was so confused.

"Umm thanks for the dress, but you didn't have to. Really. You didn't."

"No no, I did."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

" Ok then, I'm gonna go find my friend, may I please have my dress? And thanks, again."

"How about you go find your friend, and maybe I'll give this to you."

"Where is this going?" I asked as I out my hand on my hip. To look more... Sophisticated.

"Just go. I'm not gonna steal your dress or anything. What would I do with it any way?"

"Ok. Don't leave." I walked over to Ser, looking back once in a while to make sure Brandon didn't leave.

"Hey, um I have no idea what's going on here. You guys aren't, you know...." Asked Serena.

"Dating?" I finished for her, "No that won't happen."

"Ok, then what is he doing?."

"I have no idea." I threw my hands up a little. "Let's just go."

"Ok."

Before we left the store I went over to the shirts area where Brandon was.

"Can I have my dress now?" I asked looking hopeful.

"Ok. But you have to agree that I'm a nice guy."

"Why?"

"Because I'm a nice guy who just gets in a little trouble."

"Ok fine. Your a nice guy who gets into a lot of trouble." I grabbed for my dress.

"Ok fine. I think I have caused you enough trouble for today." He handed me the dress.

"Thanks." I began to walk outside when he shouted from behind me.

"Hey are you free Friday night?"

"I don't think so." I said as I walked away.