Chapter 4

Ever have one of those nights you think you have everything planned but don't. That's what I feel right now. After driving for four hours I arrived at an isolated part of the Nevada desert.

How I got there, is no ones' business. But am I tired very. I must be slacking off on my weight training. That big guy must weigh over two fifty.

I dropped three still bodies out of my trunk. I stripped them out of nearly all of their clothing. I left their underwear at least. Once I done, I took one more look at them.

They were still unconscious. Maybe it was a better idea to get rid of them permanently but I want to keep my promise to someone. She probably will hate me if I break it.

I broke off from my thoughts and waited to see if any of them would wake up. After waiting for ten minutes with nothing happening I went back to the car. I turn on the radio to hear that the weather here was going to be sunny and temperatures over ninety degrees.

Hearing this I debated for a while then grabbed three water bottles from my bag and got out the car. I place it by them and drove away.

I headed to Las Vegas. I needed to meet a guy I know who still has connections to certain groups.

I hope Johnny isn't out tonight. He's been lying low for a while now. I thought as I saw at a strip club squeezed between two large casinos. The place itself was called Chery Cherry and it was a hole in the wall establishment that's sometimes a neutral ground for the two casinos. Both can't hash out any arguments unless it was in there.

I went into the cherry red club as I stroll to the back room where the office is. The girls and the bartender didn't look my way as they minded whatever they were doing. I opened the door to hear snoring. A short man with thinning hair and a pot belly was sleeping on the couch.

I chuckled a bit and went behind the couch. I shook the couch a little and then did it harder.

"What? Oh god, earthquake." The guy fell and try to scramble off the couch.

I laughed, "Seriously, Reggie. If only you can see your face."

His face turned red and he glared at me, "What the hell Ann. Can't you let me sleep in peace? I was drinking all night with Johnny last night and I still have a hangover. Ow, my head. Next time Johnny accepts a drinking challenge I'm not helping him. How the hell can a tiny girl drink twenty-five shots and still not feel tipsy. I still don't believe it." He went to the small fridge that was next to the desk and took out some aspirins. He asked me "What are you doing here Ann and how are the kids?"

"I need some info from Johnny and the kids are doing great. I have some pictures I can show you."

"Nah, I don't want to get attach. What info do you need from Johnny anyway? "

"The ones on Alex. There were some people that tried to take him away."

"The little carrot top. Damn, I thought all of your kids had no one that was looking for them."

"It seems that I missed something. His father is looking for him and wants to get him back."

"Hmm, that doesn't appear possible. We both know the people who took these kids in the first place knows how to make them disappear without a trace. How did you think they found you?"

I slid my hand across the couch. "That's what I'm trying to find out so I can fix it."

Reaching into one of the drawers in the desk he took out a pack of cigarettes and put one in his mouth. I wrinkled my face, "Don't give me that look. I haven't light it yet so technically I'm not really smoking." I kept staring at him. "Damn it!" He threw the cigarette into the trash. "Over five years of knowing each other, you won't even let me do that."