→ journey to the magic shop

maggy as you
bts as bts

°maggy's pov°

"mag, why is your clothes like that?" shier, one of my classmates asked.

i looked at my worn-out clothes. we're really not financially stable so we can't buy expensive and pretty clothes like them.

i stayed silent.

"they look like from my grandmother's time." she added, earning laughs from our classmates.

i didn't mind them even though my inside's breaking into pieces.

how long will you be the class' victim, maggy?

what can i do? i can't reach their level. i came here because of my grades and not money. i can't fight or tell our teacher because they are all powerful and wealthy.

and me? i'm at their feet or maybe, deeper.

i walked to our house after school. i sighed as i saw our small and cheap-looking living room. a small old type of tv and half-torn couch from the garage sale.

"i'm home." i said and went to my room.

i opened my lights and saw the pictures of my happiness.

bts.

they don't know how much i owe them.

when people break me down, they always pull me back.

just by merely looking at their pictures, all my pain wash away.

they have this magic spell cast on me.

they took me to a galaxy where only them and me and other army's are there.

i smiled, probably the first time i ever smile today.

"hello, bangtan!" i greeted them as if they will greet me back.

i put my bag on my small bed and took out my phone. it's model is already phased out a long time ago but it's still working properly.

i opened my social media account that i made for them. the only way we have to communicate.

"oh my god, they dropped the new track!" i excitedly clicked their new mv and played it. i 'fangirl-ed' throughout the video.

and for a moment, i forgot about the world and only see them.

"how could the do this to me?" i asked as i watch the mv of 'fake love'. this time, i hummed on the chorus.

from all the heartbreaking lyrics of 'fake love', i got inspired.

i grabbed my pen and private notebook, which contains all the songs i composed since i learned guitar. i stood up and got my guitar before strumming it.

i finished the verse 1 and hook.

"maggy! dinner!" my mom shouted. i put my phone down and went to the table.

we ate in silence, asking how are my younger sister and brother at school.

"how about you, maggy?" i stopped when my mom asked me. i looked at her. i paused before answering.

"fine."

"as you know, maggy, we are not making much money. so, can i ask you to stop studying? and find a job because i can't work anymore." my body froze.

i can't give up my studies! the only thing i could have now is my study. at least if i have it, i could find a better job and send my younger siblings to school.

"what can we do? your father isn't capable to work, he didn't even graduated from grade school!" i felt a lump on my throat but i hold my tears.

"i won't stop studying." i manage to say.

"why are you so persuasive? how can you study without money, you stupid kid!" she stood up and pointed me.

"i will find a way! i can't give up!" maybe some part-time job.

"do you want me to die working for the three of you?!" i looked at my two younger siblings who looked really scared, hugging each other.

my head is hurting from all this argument.

"if i stopped now, do you think i will have a good job?" i'm so done with this conversation.

i stood up and went to my room. i fell in my bed and cried in my pillow.

how could they ask me to do that? it's the only thing we can get at this condition, yet they don't want me to keep going.

even though my classmates are like that, i can endure it. i can bear with all of it. just let me be.

i hate myself. i hate myself being born with this surrounding, with this financial condition. i hate myself because i'm so useless.

if only i know that i will be in this position, i should have been just be flushed in the toilet when i was still in her womb.

and i won't be in this fatal pain, the kind of pain where you just want to die so that all of your suffering will end.

i opened my eyes and saw a blurry but smiling taehyung.

i wiped my tears.

i have so many things i want to do and achieve. i need to be strong. i need to believe in myself.

i hope you know this and be proud, bts. because you're my strength.

→→→

i managed to do my part-time work and studies. i finished college with the highest degree.

and now?

i'm a producer and composer at bighit entertainment. yes, i did it. i achieved my dreams. i am working with many artist, but nothing beats working with bts.

all the imagination in my head became true.

all my dreams in my head were achieved.

all the things in my head's magic shop became real.

how? i believed and continued to live with all the pain and burden.

i made them my weapon instead of a ticking bomb in my hand.

and bts? they were the main reason why this miracle all happened to me. i can't be thankful enough to them. they shared their story with the world. how they managed and went through. one of the many things why i love them.

they made me what i am today. they made me in the magic shop where we are in now.