Change me (one shot story) : The meeting

-Axel-

As I got into school, I got a lot of strange looks and even more unfamiliar, confused expressions. I was nervous but also entertained that so many people didn't recognise me without my goth attire.  I walked up to the normal hanging place of the goths in the morning. It was near the lockers and entrance where there was an unused staircase where we sat and hung out. As I came up to them, they gave me dagger looks.

"Hey guys, what you doing?" Recognising my voice, one of my mates, Keith, gave me a once over and gave me a speculative look.

"Where's your depression? Dude, you look like you've been washed in a rainbow." Keith replied. I looked at my appearance. I wasn't wearing any bright colours. Faded, washed out clothes with darkish colours. A red, blue and white checkered shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans and some leather smart shoes. It wasn't a weird outfit, I don't think so.

As I just stayed silent, there were gasps behind me. Looking at the entrance doors just round the corner from our hang out place, I gaped at who just walked in the school.

-Ivy-

I wanted to burst into tears of laughter. Everyone was gaping at me, and I loved it. It was awesome. I felt so confident and badass. Some of the guys eyes nearly bugged out their head. In the popular group, I wasn't one of the sluts that wore hardly any clothes, I was just the friendly type that got on with everyone.

When I got in, I stopped dead in my tracks. There was a strange guy hanging out with the Goths. He was good looking, when he turned my way he was gaping. I knew those eyes. It was Axel. In something other than black. I was so shocked I almost tripped. People were looking between the two of us, realising we had suddenly swapped appearances.

I bursted into laughter and quite a few others laughed good humouredly with me. Axel and I met half way between the Goths and the populars. It was funny because I could see the people in my group look with interest and even a little disgust but you know what, I didn't care.

"Hey. You look different." For the first time actually talking to him, I sounded surprisingly confident.

"That goes for yourself too." He flashed a shy smile. I just wanted to squeeze him. He was so cute. Sorry, I watch too much anime in secret, of course.

I kept a cool expression but inside I was beaming. "Yeh, that's a good look for you." He gave me a flush of colour. It was so sweet.

"Emm, you look really cool, too." He gave a nervous scratch to the back of his neck in a typical nervous gesture. I was chucking inside.

-Axel-

I couldn't believe how good Ivy looked in all black. Her eyes were piercing. The piercings in her ears were really intricate and looked amazing with her hair. The clothes were hugging her figure and she stood confidently.

I was a little embarrassed and nervous. But I laughed at the strange situation. She thought she needed to be goth to get my attention and I thought I needed to be normal on the outside to approach her. Why should we need to feel restricted by social pressure? Why do we need to change for others? I change for myself. She changed for me. She changed me.