twelve; jy

"your homeroom teacher called me."

jinyoung held his breath as he tried to sat up and look at his mother. there was a bruise under his eyes, a little too visible for the world to see. but there were more bruises on his body. people might think that he's fighting someone, but if they ever knew about all of the bruises he had, they'd know that he was tortured.

"so i went to school to see him," his mother continued, sighing. "jinyoung, why are you like this?"

his heart broke at the sound of it. he wanted to cry again. it hurt for him to hear his mother said such thing. he himself wondered the same thing.

"you barely ever come to school, your grades are dropping, all you do is coming home with that bruise on your face, who are you fighting with?" she sighed, raising her voice. "i gave you money but you never seem like you're eating. what do you actually want, young man?!"

jinyoung turned his gaze away, not having the strength to look at his mother as his eyes went teary. grades wasn't even something he worried about, but having his mother bringing it up hurt him. she thought he's like those bad kids in the movie, when in fact, he's the victim of this merciless, torturing world.

"can you still speak? answer me!"

"leave me alone, mom."

he didn't sound rude, but his words were rude anyway. he realized a second later that he shouldn't have said it, and guilt washed over him just like it always did. he could feel his heart breaking for the millionth time already. but truth be told, he couldn't stand hearing those words his mother told him. he knew that he's already enough of a failure, having someone else to tell him that was too much for him to take.

jinyoung still wasn't looking at his mom as guilt attacked him just as bad as the physical torture he received these days. he wanted to cry. but not in front of her, of course.

his mother sighed. "i just ... i want you to go back to school and actually study just like you did before ...," her voice weakened. "i don't want you to turn like your father. please don't."

"i won't." jinyoung replied, a little too fast than he intended to.

his heart broke again. god, he wanted to tear his hair out in frustration. it was hard for him to keep going. he didn't want to turn out like his father either, but he was basically forced to live like this without anyone knowing because of that ass. he was hurt that even his mother didn't trust him enough on this, but thinking about it, he never actually showed anything these days to prove that he's worth to trust.

his mother closed the door, leaving jinyoung alone back with the loneliness and dangerous thoughts which tortured him with no end. he tried not to cry but he couldn't. everything hurt. his mother probably thought that jinyoung wasn't the son she once knew, when in fact, he was still the same, just much weaker than he should have.

as he pulled his blanket closer and squeezed it tight while closing his eyes in pain, jinyoung mumbled,

"i'm sorry, mom."

✧*:・゚

a/n: oof we're going
closer to an end :)