Steps

Hey majid! A soft voice hailed from behind, my tummy roared when i turned and standing in front of me was Anika Blake,(we met months back at an entrance examination in kano), but how did she know my middle name?! “Just wanted to tell you we were on same group for the biology assignment”, oh about that, (didn't even know we had an assignment to do), yes, was about calling the class prefect to ask for names of those in my group “you busy tonight”? Sorry where you talking to me? “yep” she said swiftly while pulling out two birthday passes(a friend of hers was having a birthday hangout with friends and anika blake was one of the hosts for the party) (would have loved to but, malik and sadiq had already planned coming to game at my place this evening) yes! (I said after what seemed like forever), I've got plans for the evening time, but maybe we could fix it for some other time; (I said while looking down with hopes of avoiding her enchanting blue eyes) “owk ” (she said in some sort of way that sounded disappointing) “but call me if there is a change of plan, feel i might get bored being there alone” seems like you not really a party person uhh? (She smiled and didn't say a word even though i could give meanings to her expressions).

“Oh please can we go now”? Malik said while unwrapping a sachet of gala, “am super hungry” didn't you eat at home? ( I asked with an unplanned smile) “it was just five slice of bread with small tea and you know that can't satisfy me”, with two big bites the whole gala was out, just then sadiq said “galala” while patting malik on his shoulder, that was the name we gave to him when he won a challenge of eating five galas without taking water, since then he's been begging us not to make the name public.

We had home economics for an hour and had algebra for two hours straight and when the lecture was over by 2pm the whole class was too weak for extra lessons so the teacher left an assignment due for submission by Wednesday and left.

“Take your time and don't forget to lockup before leaving the house; ok?” alright mom, hope you good? “never felt better, the boss came to see me yesterday and we had a good time” ok, how's the old man doing? “he's good, just misses your company that's all" kariya ne (means "lies"), hope he didn't say that to make me feel better, not cut out for any of his sad tales now, “tell him that yourself, say me hi to sadiq and his brother malik, owk”  ok! Bye bye already, “bye majid”.

That was mommy, had made up my mind to go for anika's friend's party and wanted to let her know about it, she's been on my neck for months about why i hadn't a girlfriend and felt this was going to be a chance for me, what she doesn't know was that I've had five breakups (really don't count in that aspect of dating) ok back to the matter, what was i going to wear to the party? I couldn't go on natives or cooperate and hadn't designer stuffs make on, i quickly went online to jumia to shop( since i had the family's credit card with me) I quickly bought A black Adidas jugglers sweat pants and white round neck T-shirt with an Adidas sneaker just to fit into the night. Since i was set to party, i called sadiq to ask if he wanted to go to the party too and he said yes, owk rush up would be there to pick you in 20 “sai ka zo” (till you come) owk...