Prologue

The night air was crisp, as snow lightly fell onto the jet black concrete below. The cold wrapped around the earth, but the heat of the flames were enough to heat the coldest of nights.

"Mom, dad please! You can't leave me! You promised you would fight! You promised that you would always be there for me! Why?" screamed a terrified child, as her mother and father laid in the freshly fallen snow, their hands now lay limp in the child's arm. Their once loving embrace now cold to the touch.

An ear piercing scream that could send chills down anyone's spine erupted from the small girl's mouth. Tears streaming down her tinted face, covered in her parents blood as she clung to them, helplessly.

That was the first day she felt the crack in her heart... in her soul. She would come across it again a few months later when she was forced into an experiment, that turned her into what people would call a monster, a freak. Only something you could see in the comics.

After four years of agony the girl had turned twelve. They no longer needed to do experiments on her so they decided that they were done with the poor girl then sent her to foster care. There she was raped and torchered to the point of no return. Now fourteen years old she's trying to survive, while living in the orphanage, stuck, without a family or anyone that actually cares. She can't tell anyone her secret, so she comes back with bruises, broken bones and a couple times a burn or two, but like the person her parents raised her to be, she held on threw the hope that she would survive, that maybe one day someone would love her.

That's what drove her to be, well, try to be a hero. Maybe not the hero you would see in everyday comic books, but a hero more or less. That day, the first time she used her powers outside of a lab, off of the tubes and wires felt good, so she kept it up.

The day she used her powers for good though, that great, yet terrible day. She will never talk about, never tell anyone. Besides no one cares, and anyway no one knows...

No one knows...

No one cares...

No one loves...