1

Amber's POV

I wake up to the familiar sound of my alarm. I put it on snooze knowing I will regret it later.

My alarm goes off once again. I shut it off and roll out of bed.

My long brown hair covering my face and the ends in knots.

I check time and it was 6:45.

"Amber your going to be late" I hear my mum yell from downstairs.

I slowly walk to my closet and pick my outfit. I pick jeans, a white tee and a long grey cardigan that would cover my scars.

{Outfit above}

I then walk into my bathroom and do my makeup making sure, I put enough concealer under my eyes so no one could see how tired I was.

I decided I would leave my hair out, but just do a few loose curls. I grabbed my curling iron not bothering to put on my heat proof gloves because I never burn myself.

I'm curling my last strand of hair when I accidentally slip and burn the whole of my left hand. I wince in pain and rush to my sink where I run my hand under cold water for a couple of minutes. The pain was still unbearable so I go to my cabinet and take 2 painkillers to get me through the day.

As I slowly walk downstairs I am greeted by the familiar sight of my drunk dad passed out on the couch. I roll my eyes then head into the kitchen. I grab an apple and shoved it in my bag deciding that would be my lunch.

I look over at my mum and see that she is trying to stay strong for me. I have always had such a close relationship with my mum, she's like my best friend.

"You excited for your last day?" She asks trying to fight off the obvious tears in her eyes.

"Yeah, can't wait" I reply trying not to be to sarcastic.

"What happened last night mum" I say looking down.

"Nothing sweetheart" She replies, her voice cracking as if she is about to cry.

"It wasn't nothing mum, I heard yelling and lot's of smashing" I say with tears slowly falling down my face.

It was after I said that I saw my mum lose it and began to cry. I knew in the back of my mind that my dad hurt my mum again. He always does this. If my mum's not home then he would hurt me. That's why my mum secretly put a lock on my door so I would be protected from him.

"I'm going to divorce your father Amber, but please don't tell him. I want to do it when your not here so he doesn't hurt you" she says with tears streaming down her face.

I immediately rush over to my mum and give her a hug knowing this was the right thing for her. As I let go out of my mums tight grip I look at her arms and legs and notice all the cuts and bruises. I know these were from my dad. I hate myself for not standing up for her and protecting her.

"You better go, you don't want to miss your bus" my mum says as she gives me one last hug.

"Cya mum, love you" I say as I begin to walk out. I grab a bunch of tissues and begin to dry my eyes.