4

Ethan's POV

I just had a big fight with Grayson about next week's video concept. I stormed out of the house slamming the door behind me in anger. I go my usual spot. A spot that no one else knows about. A place where I can just think.

I get to the spot but I see someone else there. It sounds like their crying. I had never seen anyone up here before. They slowly stand up and cautiously turn around. It was Amber. She had tears streaming down her face and cuts on her arm. I don't say anything, I just run up to her and hug her, tight. 

"Amber, what happened are you ok? I ask concerned.

"I lost everything I ever loved" she replies through the tears.

"What do you mean? I question.

"My sister was killed in a car accident, my mum's in a coma, my dad abuses me and now Rose hates me" she blurts out then cries even harder then before. 

  I didn't think she would tell me, she is usually a quiet and shy person. But to my surprise she let it all out. I think she has been holding things in to long and she can't take it anymore. Many thoughts were running through my mind the first being why she wasn't friends with Rose anymore. I thought they were like best friends. I would have to ask Rose about this later. 

I then had an idea which could maybe make Amber's day the slightest bit better.

"Do you maybe wanna stay with Gray and I for a while" I say with a genuine smile on my face.

She looks shocked at first then just nods her head and continues to cry in my arms. I felt so sorry for her, I know that she has had a rough upbringing but I didn't realise it was this bad. We sit up staring at the sunset for ages, not saying anything but appreciating each others company. 

She rests her head on my shoulder and I swing my arm around her keeping her close, making her feel safe. I would occasionally feel Amber's tears landing on my shoulder making me want to take the pain away from her.  

I looked at the time and it was 8:45. I also see that I have 25 texts from Grayson and 10 missed calls. I decide I will ignore them and just talk to him later.

"So do you wanna grab your stuff tonight or tomorrow"I ask Amber.

"I think tomorrow will be best" she replies.

We start to head back to the apartment so she can get a good night's rest.

Grayson's POV

I got into a fight with Ethan about next weeks video and he stormed out of the apartment and hasn't returned since. I get worried especially when he isn't answering my calls or texts. I see that it starts getting dark outside. He has been gone for about 4 hours now. I go out and see that his car is still here. I go back inside and grab my keys about to go drive around LA to find him.

All of a sudden I hear the door open and he walks in with Amber. I freeze, I have always had a crush on Amber. I mean how could you not, she's beautiful, smart funny and generous. I have always wanted to ask her out but I'm scared I will get rejected. I snap back into reality when Ethan starts talking.

"Grayson can I talk to you for a minute" Ethan replies.

"Yeah, sure" I reply