Prologue

The trumpets go off, as Emerald the only other tribute left takes her last breath, I'm still on top of her shoulders fall to the ground I don't bother to remove the knife from her chest, she ever had a chance. The hovercraft comes along shortly after to take us away from this hellish place, is hellish even the right word to describe this place. Well it's not important, what is important is that I'm leaving just to go back to the Capital where I'll just be there puppet, just like all the other victors. Well it's better than starving in twelve. I think as I'm finally bought upon the hovercraft. Doctors swam me poking and prodding at my severely noticeable ribs and hips. The doctors walk of say things but I'm not playing much attention I heard things like two hours sleep diet and that I'd probably probably need some stitches in some of my cuts but nothing to serious. I look around for Haymitch. I see him he's sitting in one of the sets I walk over and sit down, sitting I release how exhausted I am the lack of sleep in that tree I had got about two hours of sleep a night according to one of the doctors I'd just been swarmed by.

"You took my advice sweetheart" says Haymitch in his sarcastic tone
"Would you rather me be dead?" I challenge. His advice had been the same for every tribute 'stay alive'.
"No, it will be nice to have a friend in twelve another person who knows what's it's like to come out the other side of this" he says gesturing around his voice sad.
"But you didn't kill seven people did you" I say my voice matching his.
"No, you're right I killed more" he say.
"Oh sorry I didn't know" I say genuinely sorry.
"Well that's not important, you've got the victor interview with Caesar Flickerman this evening" he informs me.
"Wait what time is it?" I ask
"Two in the morning get some sleep sweetheart" he says gesturing towards a bed in the corner.
"Hey, Haymitch I'm a victor not a sweetheart. It's El" I say just be for I blackout.

When I wake I'm in the Capital. My cuts have been healed so well you can't even see the scars. I get up and walk into the next room where I see my prep team. They immediately surround me hugging me telling me how happy they are that I'm alive. Then they get to work. Tain and Rora works on waxing my legs waits Zan plucks my eye brows. All the while talking about faction and Capital stuff I zone out. I don't notice them as they put on my makeup and do my hair. I only really notice what's going on until they bring me to my stylus. Who I hate she for the opening ceremony made us go out there with nothing on but coal dust!
"I hope you've actually got something for me to wear this time" I say cuddly. She laughs like this was the funniest thing she had ever heard.
"Haha yes I ha do" she barely manages to get the seance out without lugging.
It turns out she does its a beautiful mermaid dress that hugs my body snd flares at my knees and go to my ankles. Th metal that's a beep red colour it looks beautiful my makeup which I haven't paid much attention to sense my prep team had applied it. It was dark they had done a smoky eye and put the same coloured lipstick as my dress on my lips. My dark brown hair had been tied into a nob at the back of my head. I looked dark and intimidating but yet sexy and beautiful.

"And her she is ladies and gentlemen Elisabeth Jones the winer of the 69 at only sixteen years old here she is" Caesar says as I walk on stage. As the interview continue we talked about the games and who I felt.
"So you survived by living high up in a tree when you saw another tribute you would drop down on them from above" Say Caesar.
"How did you know you could survive like that" Caesar asks
"Well you'll be surprised how many people look up" that set the crowd off everyone was lugging. The interview continue like that with Caesar asking questions and me answering the crowd lugging like that until it was over.
"Well ladies gentlemen we've had fun tonight but Elisabeth must get going it's a long train ride back to twelve" Caesar announces the crowd gets upset about this. But before I'm about to leave I say one last thing.
"Caesar my names El" and I walked off.

Back home a twelve everyone was happy about having another victor but I don't think they were happy about me winning I think they were happy about the food that came with me winning. Every one in the district would get five sacks of gran. Every one needed that grain because there had recently been an explosion in the mines.