3. Icebreakers

(Countdown Timer: 23:59:17)
Ethan's POV

"So what are your names?" One of the young women ask Grayson and I.

"I'm Ethan," I raise my hand, and that's Grayson," he tilts his head with a small smile. "We're twins, as you can tell hopefully."

"Yeah, we could tell, dumbass," one of the guys rolls his eyes.

Jeez...

"Oh don't mind him," the girl says. "I'm Rhea," she introduces. "And that jackass is Troy."

"And that jackass is your boyfriend!" He prods his finger into the back of her head.

"You sure are a dick of a boyfriend," another guy says. "You could at least try to be nice to these two, like, look at them! They're only a couple years younger than us I bet!"

"Actually, we're fifteen," I sheepishly admit. "How old are you guys?"

"I'm Shane, and I'm the youngest out of everyone here."

"Which is?" I raise a brow.

"Seventeen."

"And the rest of us are eighteen and nineteen," Rhea points to the other two. "That's my best friend, Daisy, who's eighteen like me, and the other guy over there is Chris. He's nineteen, like Troy."

"Ah, I see," Grayson mumbles quietly. "Are you guys from around here?"

"Troy and Daisy are, but the rest of us are from LA," Chris responds. "We only came here because Rhea and Troy wanted to be together. We usually end up doing some crazy stuff together as a group of five."

"Like what?" I ask.

"Last week, we went to this trampoline park, and we nearly got kicked out because Shane and Daisy got into a foam pit war," Rhea sighs. "Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with all these crazy guys. Yet then again, I wouldn't call myself normal either."

"Oh don't worry," Grayson assures her. "Ethan and I are crazy teenagers who do savage things for the sake of Vine."

"No way! You guys use Vine?!" Troy suddenly becomes interested. "What's your name?!"

"Well, we Vine under our own names, but I suppose everyone knows us as the Dolan Twins."

"You guys are the kids with the funny vines?!"

Grayson stammers for a second before he nods, awkwardly turning bright red. Both of us fall under a silent spell as an uncomfortably quiet aura drizzles over the seven of us. It doesn't hit me right away the fact that we're here to escape a series of rooms.

Flashbacks of the video shown to us five minutes earlier flood into my mind as I recall the main goal. Our goal is to find an ice crystal and stop the inferno from infecting the entire group. Whatever that means.

"Where do we start?" Daisy asks.

"Let's scan the room for clues," Chris suggests. "And use your phone flashlight because it's freaking dark in here."

"But I thought we couldn't use our phones?" Rhea raises an eyebrow.

"There's no signal here, and plus there's no wifi nor a point of using anything," he points out. "Plus I just tried to open all of my apps earlier, and they all crashed when I tried to. The only thing that works is my flashlight."

"Oh."

Then this is gonna be harder than I thought.