8. Tip Toe

(Countdown Timer: 22:10:37)
Grayson's POV

(Inferno Group)
Me: this is so hard 😩

Ethan: you don't have to remind us...

Daisy: I feel nauseous

Troy: shit

Troy: there's a night-hunter standing right in the way of this giant crate

Troy: if I get any closer to him then he'll bite me

Me: why not get Daisy to distract it?

Me: it's not like the night-walker is gonna eat her

Me: she already's bitten.

Daisy: true.

Rhea: then come here and help me bestie!

Ethan: hold on! I'll come with you

Daisy: Ethan you don't have to protect me!

Ethan: I want to make sure everyone is okay while you distract the night-walker. ❤️

Troy: fine, but you better not fuck things up

I look up from my phone to see Troy smirking straight at me. A quiet scoff comes out from my mouth as I stare the jerk-face down. Ethan turns on his phone flashlight and takes Daisy by the hand, slowly walking towards Troy.

My breaths come in irregular patterns as the nightwalkers twitch their heads, gazing into nothing with their eyeless faces. I flash my vision back and forth between Ethan and Daisy, and the monsters that surround everyone in this room. Everything becomes numb as a thumping beat pounds inside my head.

Please don't get hurt...

Ethan guides Daisy towards the corner, tiptoeing as quietly as he can. Their hands let go of each other as he steps back and watches her slowly approach the night-walker that's guarding the crate. My muscles and nerves loosen up as my brother manages to back away safely.

"Shit!" Ethan cries out as he suddenly trips and falls back. His phone flies out of his hand and clanks against the floor as a night-walker leaps over him.

"Don't move!" I shout and sprint, diving to take the bullet for Ethan. The bottoms of my shoes screech against the metallic floor as I slide to the point that I'm right under the monster. Its ginormous teeth clamp to the side of my neck as a gut wrenching scream erupts from me.

"GRAYSON!" Rhea and Troy cry out in fear. From the corner of my eye, Daisy pauses at she looks at me in horror.

"Nobody make a sound!" I warn with a shaky voice, heaving my weak body away from the night-walker. It lets out a chirpy growl before it scatters off to the other side of the room, satisfied with the large bite mark it's left me.

I bring my hand to my neck, flinching slightly at the sting that the bite's left behind. Daisy's body signals to me, and I shake my head at her, wanting the crate just to be opened already. All she does is nod with a fearful face before she slowly crouches to the floor, placing both hands onto the lid of the crate firmly.

We all watch, paranoid that the sound of the box opening would attract the night-walkers to the majority of our group. A sudden crack of wood rips through the air as everyone in the room freezes in the dim light. The sound of cracking and head-twitching forces me to squeal quietly in discomfort. Ethan quietly clamps onto me.