6. The Real Inferno

(Countdown Timer: 22:48:17)
Grayson's POV

"Ethan..." I start, "that's the real Inferno room..." the words pass through my lips quietly. "In there," I point.

"Then what was this room for?" Rhea asks with nervousness in her voice.

"Guys!" Troy suddenly screams. "Get inside that room!" He shouts at us. "Hurry!"

"What's happening?!" Shane panics like the rest of us do. All of us hastily try to squeeze through the doorway, unaware of what Troy is seeing through the contact lenses.

The heat immediately hits us in the face as we scurry into the next room, only to turn around and see Troy nearly being left inside the first room. Rhea hurries and pulls him through as the door slams shut. Yellow and orange lasers barricade our side of the door, seemingly hot enough to burn someone to the crisp.

"Can someone tell me what just happened?!" Chris demands one of us for an answer.

"Ask Troy!" Daisy directs the attention to him. "He saw something that we couldn't see!"

We all turn to the cocky member of the escape group, seeing a pale and frightened face lit up by the fiery coloured lighting inside the room. Troy swallows fearfully and looks back at the door once. His eyes fluster everywhere as he tries to make himself speak.

"I-it...I saw- I saw a freaking zombie guys!" His voice becomes shrilly and nervous, as he looks at every single one of us for a response to his claim. "You have to believe me," he shudders after begging for someone to join his side.

"You're hallucinating," Shane tells his friend. "Those contacts are making you go crazy!"

"I'm not crazy! I know what I saw!" He says angrily. "I'm the one who found the outline of the fucking door!"

"TROY!" Rhea shouts at her boyfriend. "Stop it! Just take the lenses out!" She begs him. "This is scaring me!"

Troy suddenly stops and just stares at his girlfriend blankly. All of us wait in fear for him to just do something insane, like go on a rage against everyone here. Yet somehow, he doesn't, and just obeys Rhea's plea to remove the contact lenses.

He pops them out and lets them plink against the metallic surface of the floor. We sigh in relief as he returns to a normal stance with an exhausted and shaken face. Troy rubs his eyes once before staring at us again, this time with a less agitated expression.

"Those damn lenses are freaking cursed. I'm never wearing them again."

"Good," Rhea sighs again, hugging Troy. "I've never seen you so mad."

"Well, we have more matters to worry about now," Daisy interrupts their embrace. "Like what we're supposed to do in this room..." her voice falls quiet as the entire room turns red, causing everyone here to become frightened in silence. The crackling of a speaker sends me into discomfort and anxiety as Ethan panics and grabs hold of my shoulders.

"Grayson...why are we here?" He whispers into my ear.

I open my mouth slightly to give a wild guess, but an eerie voice on the speaker beats me to it before I can say a thing.

"Let me answer that for you."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Thank you guys so, so much for 100 reads! It's the first ever Dolan Twin book I started writing, and I'm so happy that some of you decided to keep reading past the prologue! Stay tuned for more, and peace out guys! ✌🏼💖