Poison

Julian sat at his desk as he focused on his laptop screen in front of him. Since his personal assistant, Gloria was out of town for the week, he had spent most of his morning checking and replying to emails, something that she'd usually do for him. He thought of hiring a new assistant for the week, until Gloria came back but he was quite picky and very, very personal so he didn't want just anyone snooping through his things unless that person was Gloria, whom he trusted and has been working for him since he moved to Vegas. But she had a family emergency, so he really wasn't expecting to see her for a few days.

He sighed deeply as he read over an email sent from 'ThePussyLicker' The email specifically said, "Click on my sound cloud link below, you won't regret it." Nothing irritated Julian more than when people tried to promote their music in his emails, especially when they weren't even professional about it. What kind of name is that... Julian thought as he chuckled. He respected everyone's hustle but he was a man of business and quite frankly he couldn't or wouldn't put up with some unprofessional, and childish music artist/promoter.

What will he look like if he had someone who makes music on his team? That thought never seemed to cross his mind.

Julian peered over at his cellphone in hope of a returned call or text from Ayla. Instead it was just a bunch of notifications from all social media accounts, voicemails, and unread text messages. He then unlocked it and opened the messaging app, and still no reply from his love. Only thing that really caught his attention was the unread text from her best friend, Lavia.

He hesitated, he didn't know if he should just open it or leave it alone.

Ayla had been ignoring him every since their last text about the roses, which he couldn't seem to get off his mind. Julian didn't want to jump to conclusions just yet, but he really couldn't help but to think that she was back to seeing someone else other than him. Just that thought made his chest burn in the worse way. Although, Ayla says that they aren't together, they were defiantly together in his eyes, no matter what she said about them.

Ayla was his, and his only.

Julian sent another text message to Ayla, threatening her once again. He always felt the need to remind her who he is because he let her get away with too many things that he wouldn't just let anyone get away with. He demanded respect but she had the least amount of respect for him. He didn't like being taken as a joke so he always had to let Ayla know even if that meant hurting her in the process.

Sometimes she could make him so angry, and he's never wanted that, but he couldn't help or control it. He knew for a fact that no one can make him this angry except for his baby brother and Ayla.

Just as Julian began to dial Ayla's number, Amina entered his office without knocking, and she was smiling ear to ear while he held a displeasing look on his face.

Placing his phone in his pocket he tried to calm down, but seeing Amina's face only worsened his anger he had towards her at the moment. He watched as she shut his door and locked it before making her way over to his desk. She shot him a flirty smile but then frowned once she noticed he didn't have the same energy.

She glanced away embarrassed as she fixed her button shirt.

"Sit."

Amina instantly sat down wondering what all of this was about. Honestly, she thought Julian had called her in here for other reasons like, hooking up on the job, but she thought wrong. His bitchy attitude towards her had completely caught her off guard, and she knew that she'd done something to upset him but she didn't know exactly what she had done.

"Why am I here?" Amina asked with sass as she crossed one leg over the other. "Is there a problem Mr.Castro?"

Julian just sighed as he looked up at her.