Chapter 1: The Song

"The one with a voice, is the Dragons choice."

   I've grown up around this simple sentence, our culture, village, and life did too.

   Every year, we burned one-hundred sheep, to remind us of what happened years ago. We also say this sentence to remind us too.

   Twenty years ago, the war that our village fought so hard to win paid off. We broke away from our controlling leader, and started anew. We held a festival, to celebrate all our hard work. Everything was wonderful, even the young maidens prepared a song for us to hear. The girls said, "We found this song in an old book, and that it sounded like a good idea." They walked up to the stage, and sung. 

   The people that were there that night said only a few of the girls voices sounded beautiful. They finished the song, and stepped off the stage. People clapped, and cheered, but all went silent, when a loud roar came across the land.

   Every thing went silent, the wind, the people, every thing.

   It felt like an eternity passed when gradually, the noise came back, everyone slowly got back to dancing and having fun. It was only a couple moments afterward, a big, black shadow covered the land like a blanket.

   People started screaming, and chaos erupted. Everyone rushed to grab their children, but that was not what the Dragon came for.

   In one swoop, all of the young maidens that sung well that night, were whisked away, and no one heard from them again. 

   That is the story about the Dragons wrath, but that, is not the story I will be telling you.