chapter 1:changes

Chapter 1: Changes

Well to start I got back into DBZ hard recently I got super into Dragon Ball Fighterz so I got the itch to re-watch the show which leads to reading fanfics. All in all I wanted to add to the whole Gohan X Videl space, I want to make it high school without getting into Buu saga and focus on relationship Gohan has with everyone and the troubles and challenges post Cell. The goal is to avoid cliché and rehash so feel free to leave thoughts and opinions, but the overall arch will be dealing with fitting in and finding a space in the world which is the challenge of a 17 year old's but one happens to be half saiyan which can lead to interesting twist on that setting. Thank you and on to the show.

Trust and Loyalty

As the sun was rising in the morning of Mount Paozu in the beautiful wilderness tucked away resided the Son family home up and cooking breakfast for her two sons was Chi-Chi. She had been in an exceptional mood recently as her eldest son Gohan recently had gotten a perfect score on his entrance exam to get into Orange Star High School. Gohan was starting his last year of high school the next day, her son Gohan now age 17 is close to being able to apply to enroll to universities which lead to her setting Gohan up with meetings and visits to look around at what college he would go to. While Gohan and Chi-Chi were meeting with school officials the university advisors recommended to enroll into high school, it would look better on university application and help his chances getting accepted. Gohan was home schooled all his life growing up studying non-stop to please his mother, she feared when he was young that'd he would be a fight obsessed warrior like his father Goku. All she wanted was for her son to be apart of society reaching his fullest potential and make an impact. And once she found out that her husband was an alien from a planet of powerful fighting conquerors, with all her husband's deaths, her son being kidnapped for a year to immediately go on a space voyage. The fear and desperation for a happy life for her son after hearing stories of the battles on Namek, she couldn't help feel hopeless with all he's been through the want for her son to be a successful and smart boy. Going to the extremes making him too busy to train and fight with studies still, you can only do so much and she knew that, but now she can't keep the smile of her face visioning Gohan finishing high school going to a top university to become a doctor or scientist! And not have to live in fear of him being hurt or mentally beaten by the horrors he had faced at such a young age.

While she was finishing setting the food out on the table a young seven-year-old kid with black spikey hair came in the kitchen hurry excited for the food.

"Oh boy, I'm starving!" yelled an excited Goten ready to devour everything in sight only to be stopped.

"Oh no you don't young man! At least wake up your brother before you stuff your face!"

Freezing in place as she scolded him Goten shyly laughs it off "heh heh heh I'll go grab him now then" racing up to his and Gohan's room he is racing down the halls running in the room seeing the sleeping figure in the room and without a moments waste starts shaking and yelling at the boy under the covers.

"Gohan! Wake up I want to eat now and Mom won't let me until you're up! GOHAN!"

"..mmm-okay okay I'm up..." replied a tired Gohan lazily pushing his younger brother away, sitting up slowly and stretching his shorter spikey black hair a bit disheveled.

"What time is it Goten?" Gohan asked standing up to his full height of 6'1.

"Hmmm I don't know I just smelt food and woke up and had to get you!" replied Goten in his cheery tone.

"Ha ha that seems about right for you" he said smiling at Goten, He really is becoming a lot like dad. Gohan thought. It's been seven years since the Cell incident and his Dad's death. That thought always comes to mind seeing Goten with how much he looked and acted like his late father. Gohan tried to not dwell too much on his father not wanting to be wished back to life at the time. He was so disappointed back then however once his brother was born he was just upset at his dad for not being there to meet his newest son and to help his mother. Over time he learned he was being to hard on his dad he understood the reasons to stay away in otherworld to keep the peace still that just lead to guilt and self-blaming for not doing more at the Cell games.