Prolouge

The year was 1932. Chalky Pettedin, a young man in his late 20's was eager, ambitious, and a dreamer. His childhood dream had always been to run and operate his own Amusement Park. He'd spent countless years, studying and learning about what it took to operate his own buisness, and run one smoothly and safely.

He had grown up in a small town, a friendly and polite and nice town, but a small town where everyone knew each other. Those were the kind of towns he loved. And he knew that this oppertunity was perfect to this place. He just had to get approval from the council in the town to buy the property of the field in order to turn it into a fair. He knew it was the perfect spot, big enough for many different attractions and rides. He had tried to get approval since 1926. Over and over again he was denied. But he knew his rights, and the laws, in which he could get past in order to buy the property and do this. So he kept trying, kept pestering the council, the townsmen who were old and rigid in thier ways.

Finally, that oppertunity came. The townsmen, who had grown tired of him pestering them for seven years, had finally agreed.

"Alright, Mr. Pettedin" One had said, looking everywhere but at him with his tiny nose glasses, as if uncomfortable at losing this game. "You win. You can have the field."

"Oh, thankyou! Thankyou!" Chalky had claimed, ecstatically. As he had, he didn't think much about what he was doing. He was just so overexcited that he hugged/picked up one of the elderly council members. In a panic, the man flapped his arms violently, until Chalky realized his mistake and let the man down.

"Sorry-" Chalky said nervously, but regained composure quickly. The world was now his oyster.

As he had turned to leave, upon seeing that the situation was pretty much over, he heard one of the men clear his throat. He turned back around, halfway between the door and the group of men, looking back at one holding his cane stiffly in his hand, and looking into his eyes, now peering aggressively.

"Now, look here Mr. Pettedin." The third man said. "I want you to know, that that field you are buying has been called many things through the years. It's most common name is- The Ghost Field"

The other men shuddered and gasped as if horrified. It should have been funnier to him, these animated men who were stuck in thier ways, but acting as if in some cartoon. Instead, he didn't want to have to listen to things that could potientally hold him back.

"Well, alright" He said uncomfortably.

"The ghost field is no joking matter, young man. There have been sightings and rumors of ghosts haunting our town for many years. That field is the most prone to them!" He held his cane up in the air as he spoke. "It's where they go and spend thier time together, commencing on new plans to haunt us even more!"

Chalky rolled his eyes.

The second who had spoken, lowered his eyes, put his cane down, and walked slowly over to him, then put his hand up on his shoulder.

"You think this is a joke, but you will be the one who's sorry" He said swiftly, and slow. His words rung in Chalky's ear, like some sort of loud bell, sickening to him, even physically. Chalky swallowed, before he said.

"I understand sir"

"I hope you do"

He nodded once more, before leaving the disintending glare of the three council members as he swung around the door and out it, hoping to never see those three again.