Volume 1 Chapter 24

“Handsome little guy, did you know that yesterday, to the north in the city of Nice, there was an avalanche?”

Xi Wei shook his head—he had no interest in the matter. As long as the people buried by the avalanche were not he, then what relationship did this event have with him?

Nami felt totally depressed, this child had absolutely no curiosity!

However, she did not give up easily, and began pressuring Xi Wei, “Handsome little guy, the important part was not the avalanche. Legend has it there is a huge treasure beneath the mountain that towers over Nice, and the avalanche may have exposed the treasure a bit. The one who finds it will surely achieve meteoric success in their career and life. Even if you only get a little bit, you won’t have to struggle along as a mercenary anymore. Isn’t that great?”

At first glance, it seemed tempting to consider it. But, if you thought about it, it was clear that there were many loopholes. First of all, if anyone finds a treasure, they would be foolish if they advertised the fact. Secondly, if Nami needed someone to work with around this mission, why would she ask Xi Wei? He did not even have martial arts skills.

The most important thing was that the treasure should all belong to the protagonist ah, you bunch of idiots.

Zeno surreptitiously rolled his eyes, cautiously enough that he would not be caught, even by his protagonist.

Since the mountain of Nice’s treasure was not mentioned early in the novel, then this treasure was most likely a false rumour.

Even if it was not a fake, it was completely out of Xi Wei’s character to do something like this. Sure enough, Xi Wei said dryly with the usual calm tone of giving the weather forecast, “My mission.”

Nami’s beautiful eyes narrowed in calculation, and she instantly formed an idea, “Recently the city has been blanketed under a heavy snow. No new tasks are being released, so, I will give you a mission, but you can’t refuse anything if you pick it up.”

Xi Wei and Zeno looked at her blankly with somewhat similar faces. This was the type of trick where only a fool would take the bait!

But there was such a fool in the world.

Xi Wei had only considered for half a second before he nodded.

Nami was pleasantly surprised. She did not know why, but she seemed to have found the trick to dealing with Xi Wei.

However, she practiced some restraint, and then cleared her throat, “So, I received a mission for the Wind Wolf Corps from the employer. The job is to explore the snow-capped mountain at Nice, battling harsh climates, in order to search for treasure. In order to bring all of the equipment that we’ll need, it will probably require three magic storage boxes. Ordinary people won’t be able to go. Handsome little guy, I know you’re very strong. Your task would be to guard the magic boxes during our excursion.”

After saying all of that in one breath, Nami felt a little thirsty, so she poured herself a glass of water and drank it down to wet her throat.

“Wind Wolf Corps?”

Nami nodded, “The Wind Wolf Corps is the mercenary group that Charles is in charge of. Although Charles is a fool, they are undoubtedly Ye Sa City’s best mercenary group. There is no reason to worry about their strength.”

Xi Wei only asked, “When?”

Nami found a stool to sit on, and her slender legs overlapped, as she explained in a leisurely fashion, “We set off tomorrow. Wait at the foot of the mountain where the snow starts to curve up.”