Volume 1 Chapter 25

“It’s Xi Wei right? We meet again,” Xia An spoke, while an evil laugh escaped his lips.

Naomi was a bit surprised, “You know each other?”

Xia An bore a smile that was not truly a smile, and explained, “Of course, Xi Wei comes over every week to bathe Qiqi.”

Nami quickly understood, then showed a happy smile, “Since it’s an employer you have cooperated with many times, that’s much better.”

Zeno stayed silent and scowled. This was unscientific! Why did the boss suddenly blacken without any indication? A few days ago, when they went to bathe Qiqi, everything was totally fine!

What happened these past few days—boss can we talk about life?

Xia An’s temperament was not the only thing that changed. His white garments were exchanged for black robes, and the entire air around him had gone through an earth-shaking transformation. The quiet, shy young man disappeared, removed and replaced by this ‘no-good’ boss.

If you had to add another descriptor, Zeno could not think of anything more fitting than ‘wild demon’.

Xi Wei was the only calm person. He knew their smooth and steady days were over. How could they forget the darkness of the city; the more harmless a person looked, the more likely they were to stab you in the back.

The most kind-hearted and jovial of people could easily be wearing masks, disguising their true selves. Under that kind of façade, how could anyone be taken seriously? At this moment, Xi Wei was exercising his usual extreme level of vigilance.

This boss was obviously not the same as Xia An. Even if they had the same blindness, Xia An behaved like an ordinary blind person, but the boss seemed to have grown a pair of eyes. He did not need any kind of walking stick, and his actions were as good as anyone not afflicted with blindness.

Everyone was busy packing, so no one noticed the unusual atmosphere in their corner.

Nami suddenly smacked her own forehead, “I almost forgot. Mr. Xia An, about this little mercenary; this small child cannot follow us as we explore the snow-capped mountains. Do you have any means to assist in finding care for him?”

In Nami’s opinion, Xia An was rich and generous. He hired so many people to hunt for treasure, so arranging care for a child should only take a matter of minutes.

However, Xia An replied coldly, “There are ways, but why should I help the hired mercenaries take care of the child? Will the mercenary’s commission pay for the care? If I remember correctly, he is only responsible for guarding the magic storage boxes, correct?”

Naomi was slightly embarrassed and unable to answer his questions.

From the start of their conversation with Xia An until goodbye, Xi Wei remained silent. At that moment, he saw that there was no room for negotiation. He held Zeno’s hand and walked directly out the guild door.

Hill was busy leaning against a nearby pillar. The snowflakes were so plentiful they filled the whole sky, but Hill did not cover his body any further.

When he saw them, Hill stood slightly straighter and asked, “What, not going take part in the treasure hunt?”

Zeno broke away from Xi Wei’s grip on his hand and ran quickly up to Hill. He reached up to grab his sleeve, and pulled him down so he could whisper into his ear, “Uncle Hill, can you help me?”

Hill was slightly surprised that Zeno’s face was genuinely pleading and his worries were unconcealed. Xi Wei watched from a distance and he witnessed the two of them whispering closely together as if they were co-conspirators.