messages #14

Star slowly opens her eyes upon her waking up. It didn't take that long fer her to notice her wet cheeks. Her eyes looks around, scanning the unfamiliar face. There,  beside her, she sees her mom.

Her mom wakes up from the feeling of something moving, star's hand.

"Thank Lord you're awake! Star do you remember me? I'm your mom."

Star chuckles from her mom's reaction.

Her mom is smiling,  yet tears are streaming down. She's really thankful and glad that her daughter is finally awake.

"I'm gonna call the doctor. Please stay where you are star."

Star tries to nod her head signaling her mom for a yes.

Her eyes roam the place she's in again. Seeing flowers beside her that she likes, the sun beams through the blinds, and the things attached to her body.

A doctor came to check her condition, her mom following behind.

"Star blink twice if you can hear me."

Star blinks twice slowly.

"Blink twice again if you can see clearly."

Star blinks twice again- still slow.

"Can you move your fingers?"

She moves her index finger.

The doctor smiles at her and turns his back towards her to face her mom.

"Mrs. Lee, we'll just need to further monitor her, and see if we could start the theraphy. For now, she seems fine and it's good news that her body's responding well, it won't be long for her to recover."

Her mom couldn't stop smiling, she was already nodding a couple of times and saying thank you continuously.

"Don't thank me Mrs. Lee, she was in coma for a year and all i did was to check on her."

'she was in coma for a year' it echoes in star's ear.

'i was in coma for a year?' Star was confused as she thinks about it.

Then she realized something.

"so everything, my memories- and him coming back- was just a dream?"

End.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵

Book 2? ; )