Recovery

Darkness slowly opens into bright light as David looks over to his right and sees Laura holding his hand. She has her head down and is starring at the ring on her finger she looks up at him and her face drops from sadness into relief and her eyes become glassy as drops of diamonds. Start to fall from her face and she grasps him and continues to cry David puts his hands on her shoulders and slowly pushes her back. Laura peers into his eyes and they seem to be different, he scans her face and looks confused he asked: "I'm sorry, do I know you?" She stares at him. David sees her eyes change as her heart breaks. She says "I'm Laura"

"Laura? That sounds familiar"

"I'm your girlfriend! I was supposed to be your wife." She says holding up her hand flashing her ring.

"Lady I don't know who you are! You must be mistaking me for somebody else!"

He looks down at her ring and smiles, he sits up groaning in the process.

"but whoever he is, He must be a lucky man"

Laura's eyes become glassy again

"Yeah, he is." She says with a smile accepting that he doesn't remember

He smiles back but soon drops to a frown " do you know what happened to me" he asked "all I remember is a bus then..." he looked up at her "then I remember, you"

She sniffs, smiles and answers "the doctors said that you have 2 cracked ribs, a broken tibia, and your seizure in the ambulance would result in some minor brain damage and also you cracked your spine, nothing too serious but they said it would make you unable to walk. you will have to learn how to walk again  You were lucky that was all that happened."

David looked down and asked, "how long have I been out?"

"a month"

"Wow! Guess I missed a lot, except I don't remember anything. So I guess it'll be all new to me! would you mind taking me out to see the city and my family? And maybe we can get to know each other!"

Laura smiled and laughed

"That would be nice"

as Laura leaves the hospital she stops at the nurse's desk and tells her that David is awake and that he didn't remember her but he remembers that he has a family"

the nurse looked confused " he shouldn't have amnesia but that be a result of the seizure. how long have you dating miss"

"2 years and 1 month"Laura replied

"Okay how long have you known each other" the nursed asked as she pulled out a pen and pad

"Um, I think almost 3 years." 

"Okay, thanks miss" replied the nurse as she went back Laura was about to go as another nurse came and told her

"You're his girlfriend, right?"

"yeah"

"If you could come tomorrow and take him for a stroll, it would help his condition seeing all the familiar buildings and streets. could you do that?"

"yeah sure" 

"thank you, have a nice day"