13 years ago

Nurses POV-
It was 3pm, nearly the end of the day, when I picked up an unusual object on my table. It was circular with a good finish and seemed to resemble a pocket watch. I gently touched the object, before a felt a massive lurch, like I would be sick. It must have been a slice overdose of zinc, I did eat multiple oysters yesterday. The table seemed somewhat darker... odd. And then, I smelt it. Smoke, thick, black smoke leaking up through the floorboards. I screamed, possibly silently, why the heck is there smoke? Distant yelling came from upstairs, 'Get out! Get out! Don't go back, get OUT!' It was the harsh voice of Miss Manhard, shuffling the tiny receptions out of the building. 'One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen... where's the fifteenth person?!" Came the voice. It was as if she was a headless chicken, bawking orders at the poor little girls. "Who's missing?! Ahh, ahh... CH! Where on earth is CH?" It wasn't a pretty sight. 14 young girls crying their eyes out and Miss Manhard trying not to do the same. Eventually, CH came around the corner, with black ash covering her face and tears cleaning wobbly lines down it. "Oh my gosh CH?! There you are! Why on Earth weren't you here! Anyway, join the girls and let's go!" The group of children slowly descended the staircase before bursting out the door. Just in time to avoid the roof collapsing. All the while, I stood still. The first aid room was specially designed to protect all of those in it and I felt safe.

2am- I awoke. Bleary eyed, I looked at my surroundings with awe. Miss Manhard was by my side, like a captain going down with her ship. All of the children were gone and the school was rubble. The first few words to come out of my mouth were: "Are they all safe?" Miss Manhard sighed a long and sorry sigh. This wouldn't be good news.