34. real life

[Josh's P.O.V. ]

I'm in the airplane on my way to Chloe. She doesn't know about it though. Today is out one year anniversary and I wanted to surprise here.

Together with Claire and Dylan, I made a plan. Dylan will take Chloe shopping as Claire will pick me up from the airport and prepare everything.

———

"You don't even know how worried Chloe was because you didn't texted or called her today." Claire says laughing as she opens the door of Chloe's house. "Cute." I say.

"Hallo Josh." Chloe's mom says as she walks out of the kitchen. "Hi." I greet her with a hug.

After a few long and deep conversation with Chloe, Dylan and their aunt Jessie, they finally convinced miss Murphy to meet a physccolog. The meetings really seem to work. She comes out of bed more often and she also talks a lot more.

"Dylan and Chloe left an hour ago. They'll be back in three hours." Miss Murphy says.

"Time to decorate." Claire says as she throws some Christmas lights and blankets at me. "Christmas lights?" I ask laughing. "Those were the only light balls I had." Claire answers also laughing.

———

I just got a text from Dylan that Chloe and him are on their way. It's starting to get darker.

We're at the beach. Since Chloe and I had our first kiss was at the beach I thought I wanted to surprise her at the beach.

"Thanks for helping me." I say after I gave Claire a hug. "Don't worry. I'll do anything for the boy who makes my girl happy."

———

[ Chloe's P.O.V. ]

"Why the fuck are we at the beach?" I ask Dylan as I feel the sand underneath my feet. "You'll see." Dylan answers. "How can I see if you blindfolded me?" I ask. Dylan let's out a laugh. "Shut up and be patient."

"Wow, where are you going?" I ask Dylan as he let's me go. I wait a few seconds but don't get an answer. I take my blindfold off. When I look around me Dylan is nowhere to be found.

I look at my phone as I get a text from anonymous number: 'Follow the candles.'

I do what the message tells me and follow the candles. After a minute following the candles I see a big tree with lights in it. A dark silhouette is standing next to the tree. Since it's too dark I can't see who it is.

Softly I hear music play. As I come closer I realize who it is. "Hi beautiful." He says. As fast as I can I run towards him and jump in his arms. "What the heck. Why the fuck are you here?" I ask surprised. "It's our one year anniversary remember?" Josh jokes.

He breaks the hug as he places his hands on my cheeks and gives me a short, simple kiss.

———

It's around eight o'clock. "It's starting to get cold." Josh says as he takes a blanket and throws it around me and himself which makes me sit closer to him.

I close my eyes as I listen to the music and the relaxing sound of the sea in the background. As I open my eyes, Josh presses his lips agains mine. He pulls me even closer to him while his fingers are stroking my hair. I break the kiss and take a deep breath.

"What was that for?" I ask laughing. "That was for being so freaking beautiful." Again Josh places his lips on mine. This time a lot shorter. "That was for being the nicest person I've ever met." Now he kisses me on my forehead. "That was for being so incredibly perfect... And this" Josh places his lips on mine. The kiss is passionated. I feel the butterflies flying around in my stomach. After a good thirty seconds Josh breaks the kiss. "This was for making me fall so damn hard in love with you."

"I love you so much." I say as I give him a kiss on his cheek and let my head rest on his shoulder. "I love you too."