Chapter Five~

I stopped the car in front of the building and saw smoke rising from every direction.

Worry instantly took over me.

There was a crowd of kids that I instantly recognized as Liam and Claire's class, but I didn't see them anywhere in site.

I got out o the car and saw other parents taking their kids into their car and going home.

I walked up to their teacher, Mrs. Samuels and saw she was panicking, especially when she saw me.

"Mrs. Samuels where are Liam and Claire?" I said, a tone of worry instantly engulfing my voice.

She bit her lip and began to ramble.

"Mr. Horan, I'm so sorry, Claire and Liam are still in the building. We couldn't find them, but fire rescue is already on-"

I began to run towards the building.

I couldn't lose them too.

Not them, but a pair of large hands began to hold me back.

Damn Fire Marshall.. 

˚•˚LITTLE LIAM'S POV˚•˚ 

I saw black everywhere and I felt Claire's hand in mine, we were so lost in a school we went to everyday.

I kept coughing, smelling what smelled like dad burning our toast when he was too sleepy in the morning.

"Liam, I'm scared!" Claire screamed.

I felt heat everywhere and I saw large fire by the door.

'Claire, we have to get out of here!" I said, coughing again.

Claire was crying, hugging me tightly. I didn't know where to go, but there was a door with no fire in the way, so I ran through it, dragging Claire behind.

"Liam!" A woman's voice said.

I looked up, coughing more and I began to cough and cough again.

I couldn't breath.

I felt Claire get picked up, still holding my hand and I felt someone pick me up.

I couldn't get  clear look at the woman's face, but when I did, I swear she WAS the woman in my dads pictures.

It WAS my mum.

Then, I blacked out.

˚•˚NIALL'S POV˚•˚ 

I kept pacing outside the school, fire fighters were looking for Claire and Liam and knowing Liam's heart condition he could passed out on the floor alone in the school.

"Mr. Horan." A deep voice bellowed.

I turned and saw a fireman holding Claire in his arms and she was sobbing.

"DADDY!" She yelled, extending her hands towards me and I hugged her, shushing her.

I stroked her hair and looked around.

"Where's Liam?" I asked, concerned as to where my son was.

The fireman sighed, "He's on his way to Mullingar Hospital, he was bare breathing." The man confessed.

"I have to go.. where was he?" I asked, before I moved.

The fireman raised and eyebrow, "A random woman, curly brown hair and light hazel eyes brought them."

I froze in my tracks.

He just described Sam. 

I ran towards the car, placing Claire in the passenger seat and got in the drivers seat.

"Claire," I said, starting the car and driving. "Did you see the woman who picked you up?" I asked.

Claire looked at me, ash on her face and she shook her head.

"I didn't see her, but Liam did." Claire coughed.

I took a deep breath and drove into the hospital emergency parking lot.

*-*

I walked into the room and saw Liam with an air mask on his face, staring at the ceiling.

I was watching him, Claire was watching him, biting on her bottom lip, a look of worry on her face.

"Hey Liam." I said softly, walking up to him.

He looked over at me and smiled faintly, the air mask fogging up.

I sat on the edge of the bed and he stared at the ceiling once more.

The doctor walked in and smiled at Liam kindly, then turned to me.

"He's fine, the smoke just sped up his heart and he passed out, Just keep him at rest for a week or so," He said, shrugging carelessly.

I smiled at him as best as I could and nodded.

"Thank you doctor." I said.

He walked out and Liam sighed, taking the air mask off his face and lookin at me.

"Liam, you have to keep that on. It may be hard for you to breath." I said concerned.

He shook his head.

"Why... didn't... you... go... after... us?" He asked, breathing heavily between words.

I sighed, remembering the fire marshall holding me back.

"I tried buddy, I really tried, but they wouldn't let me in." I admitted.

"Yeah?" Liam asked, with the same angry look Sam got when she was mad. "Then.. how.. did... mum... get there..?"

I froze and looked at Claire who had curled up in a chair.

I looked at Liam and shook my head.

"Liam, you know she died when you were a baby." I said, trying to convince myself as well.

"NO!" Liam yelled angrily.

The heart monitor in the room immediately began to beep fast and Liam's eyes drooped.

I shushed him and it slowed once more.

"Liam, she's dead."

A tear rolled down Liam's face and he sighed.

"Fine dad, but I saw a woman who looked like the picture. The one in your drawer under your socks." Liam said.

The doctor walked in and began to check Liam.

Did he really see Sam? 

----------

Sorry for the long update! I wasn't able to update last weekend as promised because something happened and I'm too lazy to type! :D

Vote and Comment!

-E x

PS: Please read 'Ocean Love' it's on my profile :)