On Fire [Chapter 13]

When the sun rose the very next day, you were already up and around, sadly

When the sun rose the very next day, you were already up and around, sadly. As a ghost it was possible to sleep, but you couldn't stay asleep for long. Around a few hours maximum is what you could sleep. However sleep did nothing for you. You didn't even get a good dream out of it.

 Brian wasn't back yet from wherever he went to last night. You could've sworn he came back a few hours ago, but maybe he left once again soon after that. So, for the time being, you decided to explore the great outdoors. Thankfully you couldn't get mosquito bites or couldn't get hurt by, well, anything.

 The property was slightly boring. Nothing really too interesting or picture worthy. There was some grass, some trees, and a few odd statues that were laying about. The place looked pretty old, even for the 60's. You stuck to the shadows of the trees, for when you went out in sunlight you felt an awkward tingly feeling that didn't feel too pleasing. One of the best parts about being a ghost was that you could easily sneak up on animals and watch them close. However, you didn't spot any animals around.

 Soon you got even more bored of being outside and decided to head back in to see if Brian was home yet. Or maybe he was home the entire time and you weren't sharp enough to realize it. As soon as you opened the door, you saw Brian sleeping on the couch half naked. "Agh!" You yelped and quickly looked up at the ceiling.

 Your sudden outburst seemed to stir Brian awake. "Oh no. It's (Y/n) isn't it?" He said softly with a sigh. He planted his face in a pillow to look away from you.

 "Yep! It's me! I'm still here to make your life miserable so you can LIVE!" You said that a little too chipper while trying to smile at the ceiling.

 "You're still here? You weren't just a bad dream?"

"I'm your real life bad dream!"

 "Not today. Please," Brian groaned into his pillow, but it was muffled so it sounded demonic. Just like him. "What can I do to get rid of ghosts?"

 "Ghostbusters."

 "What the h*ll is that supposed to be!?"

 "Oh wait, I forgot this was the 60's..." You shook your head and continued to inspect a suddenly interesting wooden beam that was up in the rafters.

 "I got it!" Brian suddenly pulled his face out of the pillow and grinned ever so darkly. "I know exactly how to get rid of you!"

 "Is this how you treat someone who's going to save your pathetic little life?" You put your hands on your hips while closing your eyes. You were trying to be as sassy as McCartney, but you then realized no one could be, and you looked incredibly stupid.

 "Yes."

 "Fine. What do you have in mind?"

"Why would I tell you my plans?"

 "I honestly don't know... Maybe because you're stupid enough to tell me?" You gestured to Brian, still without looking at him. "Maybe before you hire some sort of hitman, why don't you put some clothes on. You like those, don't you? Oh and better yet, why don't you take a shower?"