Chapter 5

(Readers POV)
You have to be kidding me with this soul match up right? I remember making the remark of not wanting a scythe because they were so common but anything would be better then what he was.

First day of training and this is already a flunk. The kid, sorry, Drake stared for hours at my chest before realizing he had forgotten what I told him to do. "We gotta train and learn each other and I do not feel like waiting you shit head." I rapidly tapped my foot waiting for something to happen, anything! "Do you even know how to change or have you been staring at girls breasts for your whole life." I glared as he remarked on my comment, "well.... I-

"I don't need to know, I already got the idea." I turned away embarrassed by his actions even if it was only us, in the apartment. Turning back to see his efforts, he appeared to strain almost trying to force it to happen but of course that didn't work. "Can you at least tell me what you are?" He stopped and blushed after I witnessed his struggles. "Nah, I'll keep it a surprise unless you wanna do something for me" he tapped his cheek with his hand and blurred out a dry cough of disgust the other direction.

(Death the Kid POV)

A day off from class and how I was spending it was giving the tour to the new girl. She hardly spoke, and patty constantly threw questions towards her that had no true meaning, every time I could, we would meet eyes and through them I was saying "leave her alone, you are being rude no matter how childish you are." Patty got the memo and eventually quieted down. Through the halls I pointed each room and what was contained in each one, when we passed the bathrooms I told her to get a head start to the next room. During that time I went to the males bathroom, checking each and every roll of paper, making sure it was folded into a perfect triangle.Perfect. Trust me I cleaned my hands afterward. I caught her in time, thankfully, before she saw what I was up to.

At the end of the tour we lead her back to my father which he took her from there, some private business I was not allowed to listen in to. Leaving I thought hard why this girl was different from the other new students, even (reader's name) stated seeing stein walk the girl home which was another odd factor. I brushed the idea off my mind even tho the thought continued to poke at me, or was that patty?

(Reader's POV)

"Your a spear chain! Could you be even more useless!" I dragged a pillow and threw it over at him frustrated. What was I going to do with a weapon without real power, try and drag my victim to me. That's just insane, there had to be more to it then that right? I wasn't strong enough to drag someone. Holding the chain, wrapping it gently against my Palm only unsettled me more. I can't believe I'm touching this weeb, not to mention he's not even fully changed just partly, I'm only holding the small amount of chain that is dangled from his wrist.

"Can you finish, I promised maka I would meet her with the other students at the park for a drill!" "It's not like I'm not trying, I don't do this a lot!" Yeah I can tell, my head screamed his way but even if he couldn't here it he knew, maybe it was expressed through my wavelength? I did have part of him still wrapped over my hand. "Never mind just, can you try alittle harder? I won't be as mean... maybe." He blushed a small amount as if I made the kids day for saying that, and with that with ease his body departed into a mist, condensing into the rest of the chain and the end of the speared end. For being a useless weapon he did appear rather interesting. The spear like blade had some cool designs and carvings I guess. "There you happy now?" It was his voice but rather than out loud it rang through my head which caught me off guard. When I thought hearing him in real life was bad. This was worse.

"Yes thank you, now where should we begin?" I questioned holding the chain tightly, how it was going to be a rather long case of training. Main problem was how to actually use him. That could be a..... bit tricky.

(Death the kid POV)

I did eventually get patty and Liz off my tail, which normally doesn't happen but I think it's a female thing when they run into another girl they know they almost lose control. I had to know, even if it meant trying to spy on my father. I was going to try and wrap my head around the whole thought of "who was she." I did manage to get a glimpse of her as she left, heading for steins class room once more. They talked about the normal typically things that a student could question. Oh who am I kidding, I've wasted my time and if I get caught it would be the end! Then I couldn't look at myself the sa- Wait. Are they talking about kishins? What were they planning... their conversation was cut short when Liz and patty walked in. "You haven't seen our cutest symmetric freak, have you?" Patty giggled after the remark, her face flushed and her child eyes open wide as ever. " stein glared before turning to look around the room. "No I'm sorry girls, I haven't seen him for awhile. If you don't mind, we have business to talk about." His hands gestured towards aura who stood. Skinny and shy, almost like Crona in a way.

I watched them depart as stein and aura went to a secured location, it was pointless now to try and listen in. I pretended to come from a class room, walking over to them as if I was busy doing something. "There you are kid we were looking all over for you" patty cheered before her sister interrupted. "Uh kid, didn't we have somewhere to be, like that meeting maka had set up?" She darted her irises at me, it struck me hard. I forgot about the meeting! What was I? Useless! I swallowed the bad thoughts back or I would be even later than already was.

"Alright let's go, we can't have too much time left."

(No ones POV)

Maka was already at the park as well as some of the new weapons and meisters who were already lined up. She approached each of them giving a kind remark to each of them while soul, who was forcefully dragged there, stood behind maka a few yards away. Sid also decided to join, he was in the middle of the two watching more to the right. Stein was unable to make it, for reasons being... Maka constantly glared back when given a chance, she was waiting for two more pairs that were assigned to help. Taking a deep breath she walked back to Soul starting a small argument in order to gain his help on the topic.

(Death the kid POV)

Arriving on the hoverboard, I decided it was easier to carry Liz and patty in their weapon form to get there a bit faster, but either way I was late. For that I was trash but I didn't have much of an opinion. When getting off the board Maka spotted me, leaving Soul to deal with the problems the new comers were dealing with even if he had no true experience on how to.

"You are late! What kept you up!?" "Father asked me to tour around the new girl I'm sorry." I spun the twin pistols on my pinky gently letting Liz and patty transform back. Maka's eyes changed from angry to a lighter tone of understanding. "Sorry, I figured you had a symmetry problem you had to solve, I guess." Looking around I didn't spot (readers name), where could she be? Or should I say what's holding her up?...