Chapter 1

Darcy's POV

Finally, the chance to start over.

This was my first day in the town of Homeschapel, a new place to start everything over.

I just arrived at my new house that I was renting in the middle of town. It was blue with brown shutters, I thought it was pretty cute.

I sighed to myself as I set my luggage that I brought on the plane with down on the hardwood floors.

I glanced around the house, it was pretty petite. A small living area that had a kitchen connected to it on the side, a bathroom that smelled of pine, and the one bedroom upstairs that I would spend all of my moping in.

There wasn't really any furniture in the house except a small chair so I sat down on it until the moving truck would come with all of my furniture.

After sitting in that uncomfortable chair for who knows how long, I stood up and decided to roam around the town to explore my new surroundings.

I grabbed my cross-body bag and slung it across my body as I walked out the front door of the house.

I started walking along the sidewalk which led to town, inhaling and exhaling the fresh oxygen that was lingering in the atmosphere.

As I was concentrated on my steps, my thoughts were interrupted by what sounded like teenage girls screaming. Was someone getting murdered or something?

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see a mob of girls running my way. I immediately started to run off the sidewalk before I felt myself getting knocked over by thoses screams.

I groaned and sat up, rubbing my head in annoyance. I heard footsteps behind me and I rolled my eyes to myself.

"Will you go somewhere else and scream? I don't need anyone else knocking me over."

"You're a bit rude to someone you haven't met before." A deep male voice spoke.

I stood up and brushed myself off before turning around to meet a tall, young man who was wearing black sunglasses and had disheveled locks of brown, curly hair which sat ontop of his head.

"I'm sorry, I just thought you were one of those girls who basically trampled over me.." I mumble under my breath.

He nodded and then crossed his arms over his chest. "Yeah I understand, they annoy me too since they follow me everywhere 24/7."

I raise an eyebrow and laugh a bit as I study his appearance, he did look somewhat familiar to me, I just couldn't think of who he was.

"What's your name?" I asked curiously, it was on the tip of my tongue.

"Harry. Harry Styles."