3

"Mara, where are you? Everyone's looking for you!" Darcy was almost screaming at her over her smartphone. 

"I'm almost there,  I'll be there in 10 minutes." She anxiously replied. Who would have thought the railroad train would have some hiccups today, thus delaying her further. And this is what she got for daydreaming and indulging her fantasies. Her boss will surely kill her.

She belatedly remembered her boss had told her to be early today because a client will be coming over. 

When she arrived on the lobby of the 12th floor, she grimaced. Darcy, the receptionist, was livid. "You're late!" She said disapprovingly. 

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. There was an emergency at home." She replied. Emergency, my ass. When had she become a liar to her office mates. 

"Mr. Sandrino had been waiting inside Sir Mike's office for 20 minutes! Good luck!" Darcy retorted.

"Who? Whatttt---!" she gasped. She have heard of Mr. Sandrino, one of their top clients.  Rumor has it he was an old, fat, unsmiling son of a bitch. People have been talking of how ruthless and cruel a businessman he was. 

Her heart was pounding so hard as she approached the office. She knocked three times and slowly pushed the door open. Strange, the lights were still not turned on. Thank God, he must not be here yet, she thought. She still has time to think of an alibi why she came in late. 

She reached out for the switches and turned the lights on. She turned around almost screamed.

This huge man was reclining on the chair beside the window. 

"Who are you?", she stammered.

The man didn't reply. He kept on staring at her, she started feeling uncomfortable. She realized she had not had time to even comb her hair and apply makeup. She groaned inwardly at how ugly she must have looked. And why does she care about her appearance suddenly?

She fidgeted. This man was starting to irritate her. She looked at him more thoroughly. This man has danger signs all over him. He was still sitting but she can gauge he must be over six feet tall. He has big hands and big feet. His shoulders were so wide he barely can fit to the swivel chair. 

He kept on looking at her. At first glance, she would say this man is not handsome. He's too raw and rough for her. His face has hard features and his lips unsmiling.

The man slowly stood up and angrily spoke, "Where the hell is Mike?"