The Mysterious Painting

by Bleuris

Part I.

Surely paintings are very mysterious and magnificent.
The artists shows meanings and affections through paintings,some of it leaves scar on the viewers,but what happens if the paintings that you can't live without will be the cause of your greatest misery? surely it will not turn out good.

I was a painting enthusiast,I like to see paintings almost everyday as possible,I myself paint and that's how my life works,it might seem boring for most of you but not for me.

While i was taking on a vacation on an unfamiliar city,well you can say it's not really a tourist spot area,having a landmark or whatsoever,I went there only because I found out that there has a painting gallery on that area,I found it on the internet.

I asked people over there where can I find that gallery,and so I found it.A two storey old antique mansion-like with a dirty white color,I bet it's old and maybe a hundred years old? base on what it looks.

and so I went inside,a few people are gathering,wandering and looking at the beautiful paintings,I'm happy to see that this days there are still a few people who are interested in paintings.I look at the paintings,most of them are a scenery,a flowers,places,but on the upper left side of the mansion,I saw an enigmatic painting.A woman with a long red hair,with a lots of blood in her face,the most interesting in this paimting is that it don't have eyes.I feel a chill on my spine seeing that,as if it was staring at me even though I know it has no eyes.Funny right? but not for me.

after a brief view of the paintings,I was planning to eat somewhere before going home,before I have a chance to cross the gate,an old man wearing a weird clothes said something,"Don't think about it too much" I thought he wasn't refering to me,but he's looking at me,I answered him"Don't think too much of what?" but then he walked away,what a weird old man.I continue to do what i planned and i went back home.

I grabbed a cup of coffee and head to my table in my room,i open the lights and look at the pictures i shot at the paintings,I was also fond at collecting pictures of galleries and museum i went,The pictures were all normal except a certain one,i don't see the painting of the red haired woman,I'm certain it was on the upper left,but I can't see it in the picture,how weird.

I ignore about it and sleep.

I was in the middle of my sleep,but i was interrupted by a sudden sharp noise,Like a noise of metal screeching,I open the lamp and nothing unusual,except the painting that was in the wall of my room,It was the red haired woman.

In shocked,I shouted a little,I flip my silky black hair and go the painting,how did this get here? I wasn't sure.I take a closer look on the painting,Weird,In the museum her expression was a poker faced,but now her mouth curved a little,Like she's smirking or something.

I placed it in my bag,and planning to give it back tomorrow,and continue to sleep.

I woke up early,and I was getting ready to go back to that gallery where that painting belong,I travelled two hours and now I am here,again.I was going to go inside but someone stopped me,I remembered his voice,it was the old man before."Did it followed you too?" I don't understand what he says in the beggining,but I realized it after,I answered yes and he gave me a weak smile,"How old are you?"he asked. I am 21 years old now" and he walked away,but he leaved the words "She was at that age too." and leave.I was left confused,then I go in the gallery,It was named "Salem's Gate" kinda classy,and weird.
I tried to find the owner but the maids said the owner of that museum was long dead,one of them name Theresa said that Mr.Zart died due to car accident,and a man who told them he was Mr.Zart's friend,Mr.Winchester now owned the museum was in vacation.

due to the events,I told everything and return the painting."How weird" she said with a confusion in her face,"Yes it is,the fact that the painting was in my room" I agreed,"No,not that" she said,"Then what is weird?" I asked,"Several people like you also returned paintings that they claimed suddenly to be in their room" I was shocked.So after all it wasn't just me,thanked God i thought I was being crazy.And after that I went back home.

It was afternoon when I got home,what a tiry day,and so i take a nap....

A deep nap,suddenly I woke up in a sudden screech of metal,and on the wall,I saw it again,the Red haired woman painting,I was  flabbergasted and nearly jumped off my bed,what the hell is that thing doing here,again? I walk towards the painting and look carefully again at it,she's smiling now,as if she's looking onto someone with a sadist smile on her face,even though her eyes painted black,I feel watched,my spine shivers,I can't take this anymore,forgive me for what will i do. I go to my bathroom and tried to washed away the painting,I know the artist put it's feeling to this,but this thing freaked me out,and it keeps coming back to me,like a cat.I look again at the painting,surprisingly,the painting was still fixed,even though the pigments were flowing along with the water,this is crazy!

I let the painting to become dry,and put it at fire.
as I look at the fire swallowing the painting,I remembered what the old man says,who is  at my age too? and what happened to her? after staring at nowhere,I once again focus on the burning painting,my eyes' wide open,the painting isn't burning,it's not burning at all! the fire began to disappear,and now,the painting was there in the can,as if it didn't suffer from anything disastrous.now i am sure,that painting was cursed.And now it's in my house.