The Woman In The Painting

The Mysterious Painting
by Bleuris

Part IV.

I quickly open my bestfriend's laptop as soon as I get to her condo,where i am staying for a while,and search the Villowska,specifically Mary Villowska. The google did spread all the informations that I was searching for,but I was not satisfied yet,no information that connects to the painting.I scroll down and searching for more. And I stop scrolling as soon as something catches my attention.

"The murder case of William Villowska to his own family"

William?who is he? I do not waste any time and click it,the information flooded the screen and pictures,I never thought that the Villowska has such past,a tragic past that will scar their family name and the next generation of the Villowska.I read the article and focus on every words my eyes see.

'A call from their son Lucas Villowska end the madness of their father,On September 28,1973,William Villowska was caught red-handed killed his wife and their son,Mary Villowska and Lliam Villowska,as soon as the police entered the house,William was caught in the basement,painting his wife using the blood he got from the victims,luckily,Lucas was not on home when the murder happened,but the fact that his mother and his brother died will not put him to sleep in several nights.'

"What a psycho." I murmured to myself,what a father he is,killing his own family,and painting? after killing them? great.

before I stand up to make coffee,a voice stops me from going somwhere.

"Don't hurt me..."

a sudden chill awakes me. It isn't Lei's voice,nor mine,the lights from the room where I am staying flickers and eventually turn off. the light from the moon passing the window of the condo is the only thing that helps me see even it's a bit dim and blurry. The voice is still there,a husky voice with a dry throat is telling me not to hurt her. Basing on what I am hearing,the voice is coming on front of me,or you can in the back of the laptop in front of me,it is still open,still displaying the informations i've read before. I was shaking,the panic is inside me waiting for sudden move for it to burst,I can't even control my heartbeat's rage. Close the laptop? or stay in place? ignore it? pray? I have so many choice but I can't dare to choose. I was sweating cold,while staying alert.

what should I do? one move and it will decide whether if I live or I die,I don't know anymore,what will really happen if I did move? I have still a lot to do,paint more,spend time with my family. I know this is overreacting and not cool at all,but the fear is eating me,the voice is still lurking,waiting for my choice.

I was catching my breath,while my eyes are open wide enough to see the whole laptop in front of me.
I put my finger in the laptop,gently closing it,a little more...a little more... I can see her forehead already,her red silky hair,there was a blood in the side of her forehead. A little more... and her eyesbrows are staring to show,what now? should I continue this?

I was about to completely close the laptop when the light turned on,and the door of my bestfriend's condominium opens as the door throws up Lei.I quickly run into her and hug her tightly as the tension in me disappears,like you see the treasure you're finding to your entire life. She was surprise,of course,what else expression she will give to my actions.

"what hapoened to you? you're sweating" she pull a handkerchief from her pocket and wipe the sweat in my forehead,face and neck.

"Lei,we're not safe anymore" out of fear I did not intentionally told her that.

"What are you talking about?" she put me in the bed,we sit together and she look at me,her face is showing innocence on what's happening. Will she even believe me if I tell her? yes,we're bestfriends sisters as well,but all things has boundary,and this time,maybe she won't believe me.