10. The Tapes

"Nous sommes allés au magasin

"Nous sommes allés au magasin."

"Qu'est-ce qui est vendu au magasin?" Chloe asked.

"Vêtements pour hommes et femmes."

"Good job," Chloe praised in English as she and Scott both stopped at her locker.

She and Scott not only had AP Literature together, but they also attended the same French II class and she didn't object when he had asked if she could help him catch up being that his old school was in a different section.

"Don't know what I'd do without you," he cups at the back of his neck as she opens her locker. "Nobody spared me a glance."

"I don't understand why," she shakes her head, transferring books out of her bag. "Give it a week. Once they hear you're on that baseball team, you'll be like a celebrity or some shit."

"That's dumb," he tilts his head. "And I don't even know if I'll make it on the team."

"You will," Chloe dismisses as she shuts her locker, turning to him. "Even if you're bad, the coach is desperate to fill the last spot." She felt her stomach drop at the thought of someone else filling Jeff's spot on the team, but the fact that he seemed like a pretty nice guy helped drop some weight from her shoulders.

"That's reassuring,"

Chloe sends a glitched smile to him. "You going to lunch?"

"Thought my stomach growling all through French," his cheeks turn the slightest shade pink.

"So that was you?" She raises her eyebrows amusingly.

"We don't need to talk about it," he shakes his head as the two walk towards the cafeteria.

After the boring process of buying lunch, the two head outside and sit at a table.

As Chloe opens her water bottle, her eyes come across a group of people who sat not too far from them. Marcus and Courtney appeared to be in a heated discussion, but that wasn't enough to stop Chloe from doing what she'd wanted to do for quite some time.

"I'll be right back," Chloe mutters to Scott as she doesn't take her eyes off of the table. She rises from her seat and walks over to them with her arms crossed.

Courtney's eyes land on her first, her mouth instantly closing, which caused the others one by one to turn and take notice of the incoming girl.

She stops before their table with dull eyes, their entire discussion coming to an abrupt stop.

"Hey," she voices.

"Hey, Chl-"

"One of you losers planted the stash on my brother," she deadpans, cutting Marcus off without a care in the world.

"Wh-what?" Courtney fakes a chuckle as Marcus and Zach visibly tense.

"I know it was one of you. You two, Justin, Jessica, Sheri, Tony," she lists. "Somethings going on and I literally couldn't care less about what it is, but you suspended my brother. That'll go on his record."