Welcome to Bouldercove (Prologue)

Bouldercove Manor started out as a weekend home for the most recent queen. Upon her death, it was now being used as her youngest son's home and place of business. Prince Berringer lived in the very top floor, in a heavily guarded, secluded, Master-Suite. The entire castle-like mansion was open as an expensive hotel and was run by its own staff.

Housekeeper Gavin Pepper, was an obedient worker who woke up at 4 A.M. every morning, headed down one spiral staircase and to the front desk where he recieves a clipboard of all the rooms when and where to clean.

Working at the front desk were the twin butlers who fought over everything.

Literally.

They fought over who could stand where, what time it was, who did a better job, the proper way to hold a teacup, which side of the door you were supposed to hold open, which pair of white gloves looked better, who had better hair, and anything that came up in random passerbyer's conversations.

Unfortunately for them, they could both never leave their stand at the same time. From 9:45 A.M. to 10:54 P.M., they spilt up. Every other day, one would stay and welcome anyone, accept their payment, and hand them their keys. The other would take their bags, greet them, and lead them to their rooms.

Edward Nicholas was the older twin, his brother Josh having been born 6 seconds after.

One older man who rarely ever left was especially nosy, yet nobody knew much about him was Phillip Meyers. He always made sure that everyone else knew one certain thing about him.

He constantly told newcomers that he used to be a Sergeant for the U.S. Army. He wore silky white gloves, black dress shoes, and a dark blue, two piece, suit. He never wore anything else, despite the occasional glove or shoe change.

In the kitchen, you could hear Chef Johnson shouting commands or yelling at someone who couldn't cook properly. He was said to have worked here since he was 13 and was famous for being titled the literal best cook by the queen.

She died when he was 24, leaving him bossy, demanding, and constantly angry at everyone. It must have hit him hard when he went from cooking for the queen to serving her youngest son who allowed commoners to stay in the royal residence. Even though the people who are able to stay there have to be loaded with money, such things were frowned upon under their family name.

His approved food was set on trays and silver carts to be pushed around by the only person in the Room Service position.

Miss Gabriel.

She barely spoke to anyone besides the prince. Nobody bothered her and she didn't bother anyone in return. She was a silent walker but you could always hear when she had your food. When you'd answer the door, she'd accept your money and give you your food, all the while never meeting your eyes.

Then there were the caterers who showed up every Friday at 3:15 P.M. exactly. They'd discuss something with the chef or any cook, hand them a few boxes, then leave.

It's as simple as that.

Once outside, you might meet the Groundskeeper either planting flowers, trimming bushes, mowing the yards, sweeping the pavement and walkways, or picking up tiny things only he would notice.

When you arrive, the Valet Boy will greet you, strike up very nice conversations, then take your car to a perfect spot. He seemed to know things before you even told him.

If you're lucky, wou might catch a glimpse of the maintenance guy, Darren Tucker. He's not anything interesting but people really wonder how the manor still functions perfectly in its ancient state. He's just a grumpy, grimey, bulky man around the age of 30.

Bouldercover Manor was only for those of the higher class, whether or not they showed it. The prince never got more than 2 or 3 people at a time and he never cared. He was busy anyway. Always rushing to meetings, confrences, or just hiding in his gigantic suite.

As every building usually does, the manor was home to a long past of royalty and memories. It was built long before the queen's time and housed multiple Irish royalties.

It branched off a long back road into a smooth, black driveway where a rare, expensive car would occasionally pass over. It descended through a thick forest before circling back, forming a circle around a fountain centered before the huge manor.

The castle itself was centered behind a hill, meaning about 12 floors were below ground. 2 floors above the front lobby, on the back of the first pillar, there was a giant balcony which overlooked 29,735,294 acres of valleys and thick, dark woods around the manor. Centered in the middle of the balcony was a chrome fountain. The manor had 2 gigantic towers. The entire castle itself was made of cream colored stones shaped like rectangles. One tower was closer to the driveway with a wide center built between them.

The balcony was wide enough to connect to both towers, despite the lack of support on the length.

Up until this day, the castle was quiet and still. But on a night after about 25 new people come, it was too calm for the occasion. But nothing bad would happen....

Right?