{ eighteen }

i felt that he said the truth, but why? why me?

" if you're wondering why, im not really sure either. "

" but looking at you makes me feel like i'm complete, being with you fills up the empty space with me. you fit me like a glove. i thought that my idea of an ideal girl was impossible. someone responsible, kind, understanding, beautiful, chic, someone who loves dogs, talented, and more. they were just mere ideas when i met you " he added.

" but im not as kind as you think, im not that responsible, im not the most beautiful one out there, im barely talented, and yes, i do love dogs, but i guess that's the only thing you said right. thats why i dont get you. "

" you're underestimating yourself, and i hate hearing that. know your worth, you are more than enough for me "

this. i hated this feeling. all this time i worked hard to gain confidence in myself, but because of the people who despised me for just breathing, i lost what i worked hard on. that's when i started doubting myself, and thought that i wasn't enough.

i brought myself to work hard, and their myself daily just to meet their expectations, knowing that if i do reach them, they set even higher ones.

tears began to flow through my eyes and i was incapable of stopping them.

he handed me a hanky and signaled me to rest on his shoulder. i didn't even hesitate and did what he told me to.

he rubbed his hand against my back as he comforted me and i felt this familiar feeling as he wrapped me in his arms.

it felt like home.

" i like you chou tzuyu, i thought this was just a dumb crush, or i was just a fan but i got myself into this. i brought myself into your life, now i have to face it. it's also your fault because you're so lovable." he then chuckledd

" i know i should not be getting myself into this since we're idols, but we're also human. we shouldn't be stripped away of the right to love someone. if you're still indecisive, it's okay, i can wait. i know it's gonna be tough, having to keep this secret. " he continued

the words he said were comforting and found me peace. at the same time i felt my heart jump in joy.

" thank you for thinking that im enough. " i said and smiled at him

he smiled back at me and wiped the tear that was on the corner of my eye, then he kissed my forehead.

he hugged me even tighter and i wished i never had to leave.