Chapter 20: Vows and Ancient Memories

Shiore dashed behind Fury and swung her sword at him with full force. Fury grabbed the dial on the side of his belt and turned it until a blue S appeared at the top under the red arrow.

"Shift! Maximum Drive!" The dial shouted as Shiore's sword phased right through Fury and she fell to the ground on the other side of him.

"A strong fire burns in your eyes young one, I like that," Fury stated, "Truly we can both benefited from a partnership. You'll have your revenge and I'll have a strong warrior as my second in command once I take over this useless rock. So… what say you?"

"A wolf hunts alone," Shiore said while gritting her teeth as she rose to her feet, "I've told you one and I'll tell you again... I'll never join the likes of you who use the power of the earth for selfish and unjust reasons."

Fury sighed, "Pity…" he said turning the dial on his belt until a silver S appeared until the arrow, "I really hoped that you of all riders would see things my way."

"Shredder! Maximum Drive!" The dial shouted as three large blades shot out of each of his forearms.

"Oh well, at least this way I'll be able to add the power of three riders to my own," Fury cackled, "NOW DIE!" He shouted as he raised his blades into the air and slashed them at Shiore knocking her back to the edge of the roof by Tara and Cole.

"Alright," Shiore grunted as she recovered from the blow, "I might have an idea of how we can beat this guy."

"Alright," Tara said looking back to Shiore, "shoot."

"Temporary truce," Shiore stated, "we deal with this guy and then we don't ever have to speak with each other ever again."

"Will you give up trying to kill Alex?" Cole asked. Shiore said nothing, "I'll take your silence as a no?... Well then, just know this. If you try to go after Alex you'll have to go through me. Got that?" Shiore nodded, "Good."

"Oh, speaking of," Tara said as she undid her driver from her wrist allowing Kree to change back into his bird form.

"A guardian… here?" Shiore asked.

"I'm not sure if 'guardian' is the word I would use, where more of partners in crime. I helped him out, so now he helps me out," Tara proclaimed, "Now go get Alex," she instructed to Kree before allowing him to take off into the air."

"Not sure what the point of sending for Subject X is, but it doesn't really matter to me," Fury cackled as he scraped the edges of his blades together, "because in a few short moments… you'll all be dead."

Alex road down a busy street on his bike, evading cars and other vehicles attempting to move as fast as he possibly could. He continued this tactic until he passed by a pair of familiar looking gates. Alex slammed on the breaks and took a closer look at the gates as well as the building that stood behind it.

"That's… the same hospital I woke up in," Alex said aloud to himself, "All those months ago." At that moment Alex heard the small chirp of a bird. He turned his head to see a yellow robot bird sitting perched on the dashboard of the X-Cyclone, "Kree?" Kree nodded a bit, a small grin appearing on Alex's face, "Good to see you pal."

The sound of blades clashing together then filled the air. Kree turned around to where the sound originated from.

"They need my help… don't they?" Alex asked.

Kree turned back to him and gave a small chirp.

"Ah, who am I kidding? Of course they need me," Alex said slapping himself in the face, "but how am I supposed to get to them in time?"