Chapter 7 (Jack)

"Note to self," Mark groaned as we got out of the car. "Never let Jack drive again."

"Hey, unless Felix or you know how to drive a car, you're stuck with me as your driver," I stuck out his tongue. Call me childish, I know, but it was the best I could do without having to flip him off.

"Jack, stop being a child and Mark, don't complain," Felix ordered. He had the papers from the envelope out in his hands and was rereading them multiple times.

"I can be a child because I am a fooking child!" I retorted back. Mark looked like he was unsure whether to laugh or stick with Felix.

"Just shut up Jack, I'm serious," Felix said and I sighed.

"Come on, Jackaboy, boredom isn't that bad," Mark chuckled, then registered what he said.

"Did you call me Jackaboy?" I asked, confused.

"Y-yeah..." Mark blushed. "Sorry... I won't call you that again..."

"No!" I yelled, blushing as well. "You... you can call me that. I don't mind!"

Hey, it wasn't like anyone had a nickname for me. And it sounds cool when Mark calls me that.

"Alright alright," Mark smiled. "Come on Jackaboy, let's not bother Felix."

"Fine... But there's nothing good to do," I whined.

"Shut up!" Felix yelled.

"Sorry," me and Mark said sheepishly.

"Can we go walk around... wherever we are?" I finally asked.

"Sure, just don't get into trouble," Felix replied and shut himself in the car.

"Where are we anyways?" Mark asked.

In front of us was a strange grey building, torn and wrecked for whatever reasons. Maybe a storm? There was a broken wired gate around it with tons of rubble near the building.

"Somewhere in Maine, that's all I know," I shrugged.

"Probably near the border line, since we drove pretty far," Mark added.

"True... hey! Want to look inside?"

Okay, so I had crazy thoughts. But I was bored, and I'm totally fine for taking big risks.

"Jack, I don't think that's safe," Mark replied nervously. "Besides, Felix made us stop here for a probable reason."

"Come on, I'm bored. One peek won't hurt," I whined.

"Jack no. It's too dangerous," Mark said, glaring at him.

"Mark's right," a voice said behind us. We turned to see Felix looking at us, seemingly pale. "It's too dangerous."

"Told ya," Mark muttered under his breath. I heard him and glared. But I can't really hate Mark for long since I know that he was right about it probably being dangerous.

"However, we need to go inside. Ethan says that Marcia might be inside. This used to be one of the ILS' buildings."

"Hell yeah!" I yelled.

"Jack shut up, we are right next to the building," Felix hissed.

"Sorry..."

"Anyways," Felix continued. "Under normal circumstances, I would want to leave Mark outside—"

"Which we aren't doing," I interrupted, feeling a sense of protectiveness over Mark.

"I know, Jack," Felix said. "I won't, because it's too risky to leave a normal where an ILS agent can grab him. You'll have to come with us Mark. Stick close, okay?"