3

"READY MEN!

AND FIIIIIIIRRE!!!"

Loud screams of advances shrouded the range between two rival ships.

Cannons were being fired from both parties.

The heat of the scorching sun made beads of sweat trickle down on every one's skin as the battle continued that afternoon.

The White Pearl was exchanging fires against its long time enemy ship, the Pegasus.

Smoke and pieces of wood and splinters would scatter in the air every time a cannon ball would hit the side of both ships.

Pegasus' Captain, Lyon Vastia, had long held a grudge against Natsu and his crew.

The sole reason being Gray Fullbuster having won the heart of the woman that Vastia loved, Juvia Lockhart. Now, she was branded as one of his enemies.

"READY THE CANNONS AGAIN!!!" Natsu ordered as he steered the ship to starboard.

As that was going on, pirates from the enemy ship started swinging their way aboard the White Pearl. They were grabbing on ropes with either swords or pistols at hand.

"Come on then, you filthy monkeys!" Gajeel shouted as he aimed and fired his own pistols at the advancing pirates on the ropes.

The smell of gunpowder mixed with the air.

Sounds of sharp steels clashing and punching were everywhere.

"Tell your Captain I'm not his property!" Juvia screamed with hatred as she slashed a sword across an enemy's chest.

She may not look like it, but she could handle a weapon whenever there be need.

Lifeless bodies created splashes as they fell into the ocean, not making it to the other ship with their rope swinging modus operandi.

Natsu looked at his sails, he needed more wind and more aggressive tides to speed up the White Pearl. He had to gain more distance to parallel with Pegasus, so he could end this fight once and for all.

As if a god...or goddess...heard his prayer, a strong wind blew his sails, and a forceful wave pushed his ship to the speed he wanted.

"Captain! The tides are with us! Give your orders!" the first mate shouted as she battled against pirates on the deck.

She was skilled in swordsmanship, no one could get through her even if they did their best to climb the wooden stairs and step into the Captain's platform.

As they gained speed and now at a good position to attack the Pegasus, Natsu shouted at his crew positioned with the cannons below deck,

"FIIIIIIIIRE!!!"

And under his orders, loud consecutive sounds of cannons firing at the enemy ship echoed throughout the sea.

The Pegasus was bombarded with cannon balls, creating explosions on the side of the poor ship. Bits of the wood flew and scattered on the surface of the ocean.

In defeat, the ship retreated together with its unsatisfied Captain. It steered away from the direction of the White Pearl.

There were loud cheering and chants of victory after that long and tiring battle. Hats were being thrown in the air.

That was their second war against Vastia. And they still won.

"White Pearl did it again!" Loki exclaimed with great pride.

"That'll teach him," Gray mumbled with a smug smirk, contented at the fight's outcome.

Other than Juvia, he also hated Vastia to the core. But of course, they were rivals in love.