Kashitaro Ito x Reader - Whispers to a Lost Love

Hai minnasan!! Miki here!! Once again, we're IDITO! This is our second one-shot story, it's on Kashitaro Ito!! Please read, enjoy, vote and spread the word!

Thank you desu, minnasan!!

~Admin Miki

Hope you guys enjoy reading this! [Dumb title created by Miki]

~Admin Hiro

Wwww Hiro-kun don't be so boring desu!! Miki is falling asleep desu!!!

~Admin Miki

[Your POV]

Looking at the sea from outside my window, I couldn't help but remember.

Autumn rain washed upon the streets, a melancholy sound which reflected my state of mind.

I sit alone to think.

Of a long-gone summer crush, since faded from memory. But his smile is forever etched in my head, as bright as the sun.

I want to love, but I cannot.

I'm sorry, I whispered, but I have to let you go.

I love you, but I can't say it.

Watching your tear-streaked face as you turn and run away from me, a bitter memory of yesteryear.

I wonder, if things had been different, would the situation had changed?

I choke on the words I wish to say, yet cannot speak, evading me yet again.

I like you, I love you.

You meant them, the very words you had said on that brief summer day, your eyes glittering with sadness as you awaited my reply. You had already knew what I was going to say.

[Kashitaro Ito's POV]

I had always gazed at you from afar, at your fleeting silhouette.

I had finally gotten the chance to talk to you, when we were put in the same group in class.

Your soft, lilting voice enchanted me.

But, you already had a boyfriend. I had to give up... Yet I didn't want to.

On Valentines, I put chocolates into your locker but left the sender anonymous. Seeing your happy face, I, too, smiled.

"I... love you. Will you please go out with me?"

I finally gathered the courage to confess to you.

However, with your reply of "I'm sorry", my hopes were shattered and my dreams torn.

I had given her my heart, but as I watched her turn her back to me, I felt nothing at all. Only a bitter sort of numbness at her rejection, but nothing else.

---

Even as time passes, I still love you as much as before.

Occasionally, I see the shadow of someone sitting by the window. Always wishing that it is you watching me, I turn my back away and leave.

[Your POV]

Floating here and there, not knowing which way to go, just like my feelings. Sitting, I stare out of the large window. Getting tangled into the web of despair, I watch you.

The full blooms that cover this room, they are vibrant like you.

If I really love you, I have to let you go.

"I love you."

The stars that shine so brightly in the night are slowly dimming again. The skies turn white, flooding my senses and giving me solace.

It is only at times like this when I realize I am still alive.

The dancing image of you in my head, gradually, gradually disappears into a shadow.

This person that I am...

If I am loved, I'll bloom tomorrow and today.

My melody lives on in you.

And I can't help but smile.