Jean x Reader- Stuck

Earlier today, you were fighting with your rival Jean about who did better at training, when you obviously did. The two of you ended up being obnoxiously loud and waking up the other trainees, and as a punishment, you and Jean had to clean the roof by tomorrow morning. The roof was large, and all you had was a mop and bucket of water. You were kind of nervous, since you've been hiding the fact that you've had a crush on him for 2 years.

Now, the two of you were using your manuever gear to get up to the roof. "This was all your fault, Jean. Why'd you have to start that? It's not like you haven't lost bef-" you ranted, before you felt Jean's hand cover your mouth.

"Shut up, (y/n). I don't wanna get in a fight again." he said as you both landed. "Let's just get the roof done so we can get some sleep." His expression seemed softer than usual.

There was a moment of silence before Jean sighed in defeat.

"Look, I'm sorry. I overreacted. I guess you really did have the right to win. You did good today, I have to admit."

Jean put his hand on your shoulder, and you flinched.

"Maybe we could try to be friends. Or even just not hate each other." he suggested.

You looked away, and shrugged. "I guess.. I just don't know if you'll follow through with it. This is the first time I've actually seen you be nice, and I'm a little suspicious. I mean, we just almost beat the living shit out of each other. But I'll have to trust you for now, it's worth a shot. We're gonna have to if we want to get this punishment over with."

You gave him a half-smile, and picked up the mop and the bucket and started to clean. He did the same on the other side.

The roof was finished 2 hours later. You and Jean were both exhausted, and it was a little past midnight.

"Okay, let's get going. We need some sleep." you declared as you started up your gear. However, it wouldn't work.

"Oh my god, I think I'm out of fuel.." you groaned.

You looked over at Jean, and observed he was struggling to start his too.

"Damn it! I have no fuel either!" he shouted.

You slumped to the ground, and rested your hand on your chin to think.

"What should we do, Jean?" you asked him.

"I don't know."

"Well, we have to think of something!" you exclaimed. "Otherwise we'll be stuck here all night!"

"All night, huh?" he snickered.

"Jean, no.."

---

Update: I edited a lot of errors, and some things that wouldn't work with the part 2 I just added recently. Hope you enjoyed, it would be great if you could vote, comment, etc! Thanks!