1

You can't get away from yourself by moving from one place to another. 701 stood atop the cliff peering into the distance. He felt the sun embrace him in its last dying moments. Clenching his service blaster, he felt the cold metal anchoring him back to reality. Gradually, then suddenly. His only wish was to turn his blaster on himself. Since The Queen's Proclamation, there wasn't any need for individuals such as himself. 

     "Ope. There's better ways to kill yaself old timer." A calm voice said from behind. "Like ones that work. Seen plenty of yous come ere, not a one successful. You look familiar... You H.U.S.H?"

     "I was. Yes." 701 continued to stare towards the sunset. 

     "The Queen doesn't allow violence. You know well as I do that blaster won't do nothing. Jumping won't do much else besides hurt like hell neither. Why don't you come inside and have a chat about it? I've helped a lot of you folk."

     701 turned and extended his hand out. He hesitated for a moment.

     "Agent 701... At least I was." 

     "Not much of a name friend. I'm Artt. Artt Rio. Come on in. I'll get a cup of tea started." 

     Inside Artt's cabin, 701 took a sip his steaming beverage. His lips met the heat with an uncanny resistance and unsavory flavor. Drinking in the decor with the tea, 701 took note of the large amount of pictures strewn throughout the quarters. One young girl seemed to be highlighted in general. A girl in her teens.

    "You like it Mr. 701?" 

     "A bit bitter."

     "Figured you'd be used to this sort of thing in your line of work." Artt took a drink before motioning to the picture of the young girl. "Name was Lilith. Look familiar? She should." 

     "What..." 701 shot up. His vision was going black. He felt himself losing control of his body, stumbling into the table. 

     "You H.U.S.H forgot all about my poor Lilith. Said you'd find her killer but you never did. You wanna die? Well, you won't get to die for nothing. I'm gonna butcher you like they did to Lilith." 

     Just as the panic and anger reached his ears, everything went black.