Promises To Keep

I'm Jupiter Alexander and this is my story.

            Chapter One: Promises To Keep

I have always known I was adopted and I had a sibling somewhere out there. My parents William and Kate always made sure that I knew that just because I was not biologically theirs, it didn't mean I was loved any less. I've tried to find my sibling but my parents said it was a closed adoption and I was alone when I was adopted by them. I even went to the adoption agency and they wouldn't release any
information to me. Not that I expected them to but I was hoping that they would. I've grown up an only child It wasn't until their death that I found out how false that information truly was.

I was 18 years old when they were killed. We lived a very comfortable life in a great neighborhood, so when I arrived to find our home had been burglarized I was in shock. The house was turned completely upside down and things were thrown everywhere. Finding my parents in my father's office is one thing I will never be able to forget. There was so much blood and it was everywhere. I hadn't even realized it was me who was screaming until I heard the police calling out for me. I don't even remember at what point I called the police. But it must've been when I found them because I was holding my moms head in my lap. She was breathing quickly and shaking and I was sobbing uncontrollably.

As I watched the tears fall she reached for the necklace that was a odd shaped locket that she kept under her blouse. She always said that it held pictures of us as a family and she never waned to lose it so she kept safe under her shirts or dresses.

"Jupiter, I... love you... my... sweet girl. Take...Take this... find your brother." she coughed and reached for my face.

"Mom! Mom! Please don't leave me. I need you! Please fight, Please!" sobbing out as she reached again for the necklace.

"I wish... I could've... explained this to you. Trust.. Only.. Your brother... and our Lawyer.. Find... Him.. Promise.. Me Jup." as she tried to rip the necklace from her neck I grabbed her hands and gently removed the necklace from her.

"I promise.. I'll find him" I cried out. As the police removed me kicking and screaming as the paramedics attempted to save my mother. I watched broken as the emergency responders lifted her on a gurney and rushed her to the ambulance.

That was the last time I seen my mother alive and it has been officially 6 months since the death of my parents. My father's brother has taken over the business and I went on my Journey to find my brother.

After I gave them a funeral they deserved it was time for me to meet the lawyer and handle all of their personal affairs. I've waited too long to talk to him and I knew I couldn't hold this off forever.

When I met with Andre James Hart III it was unexpected he looked to be in his early 30s but his eyes held knowledge beyond his age and had me squirming in my seat. His gaze was uncomfortable and comfortable at the same time. He felt like family and I didn't like it. I didn't want to trust him but I will because mom told me to.

"Miss Alexander, thank you for coming in this morning to go over the will and testament. As well as sign all the necessary documents." Said Andre

"Umm yeah no problem. So lay it on me, what all do I need to do?" I stated while squirming into my seat.

"Well before I start I need for you to listen very carefully and do not interrupt me before I'm done. Understood?" He demanded.

"yes I understand" I said rolling my eyes.

"Great, well first order of business your family has left you an inheritance of 250 million dollars for both you and your brother to split once you've found him and-"

"WHAT? HOW? We were not that well off." I screamed and he tossed me the meanest glare. "Oh right sorry" I smiled sheepishly while doing the gesture of zipping my lips.

"As I was saying there is a residence you are to occupy immediately in Suches, GA. All of your clothing is being packed and shipped as we speak. When you leave here you are to go straight to the airport. When you land your new vehicle will be waiting for you in the airport parking garage. I will write the address of your new home down. It is very important that you go straight to your new home when you get there. Once you have found your brother there will be a new location for you to move to. I know this seems drastic and overbearing but this is what your parents wanted to keep you safe. Now I need you to sign these documents making sure you understand what I just told you and that you are claiming both you and your brother's inheritance." he said firmly.

"But, I don't want to leave yet. I.. I cant leave them here." I cried out.

"I understand how difficult this must be for you but I need you to stay strong. I am one phone call away and you may reach me 24 hours a day. Now there is two separate accounts for your inheritance and your brothers. You can't touch his portion and vice versa. Once you have found him call me immediately and I will meet you in the new location. When you two have joined I will need to be where you are per your parents request. I wish you the best of luck and this envelope is for you. DO NOT OPEN THIS UNTIL YOU GET INSIDE THE NEW HOME. AM I CLEAR? This is important." he stated while watching me intensely.

"Yes I understand." As I signed everything I needed to he handed me a large yellow envelope and we shook hands. I folded the envelope as best as I could and stuffed it in my Chanel bag and I left the office going straight to the airport.