Chapter Fifteen

***Evanna’s POV***

“But I thought this way would be better! I thought this way you wouldn’t be angry!”

“This way is better, but I’m still furious at you! How could you do this to me?”

“We were both drunk! Charlie, it didn’t mean anything! Please!”

I sat bolt upright in bed, fear piercing through me as I instantly realised what was going on. I felt the bed dip as Nathan sprung up by my side, his eyes bleary and his floppy hair sticking up everywhere. If I wasn’t suddenly feeling extremely nauseous I would have laughed at him, looking so confused.

“What’s happening?” He asked worriedly, looking at me.

“Aw, don’t worry yourself.” I couldn’t resist smiling at how adorably panic stricken he looked “But I think that Sasha just told Charlie what she did.” I added nervously. His mouth fell open in shock so I reached over to tap it shut. He caught my fingers and held them tightly, even his grip was anxious.

“Should I talk to Tom?” he offered, confusedly. I just shook my head.

“No, the last thing we need is this to cause a problem in the band. I don’t even hold it against Tom. I think it best if we all just stay out of it.” I shrugged.

 I had always been keen to avoid confrontation. I remember in my youth when Malcolm was in his bad moods, he would flare up at everything, picking fights with grown men and getting in more trouble than necessary. I remember once he hurt poor Mr McDonald when he grounded him. Malcolm had pushed him over, causing him to bruise his hip. I remember how I would hide under the bed until Bernadette crawled under with me and gently coaxed me out, promising me that Malcolm had been taken for a walk to cool down. I longed to crawl under my own bed right now to escape this. It was just as scary.

“You should forgive me! I apologised! You should accept my apology! If you loved me you would forgive me!”

“Well, I don’t, Sasha! An apology won’t take away the fact that you kissed him.”

“But you love me, don’t you?”

It all went quiet outside and I froze. I couldn’t hear, did Charlie reply? I got up and trotted over to the door, a picture of me, Sasha and Charlie together falling off the wall and fluttering to the ground. I turned the door handle, and opened the door ever so slightly.

“AAH!” I yelled, jumping backwards as I saw a pair of large lilac eyes through the crack. “Briony?” I whispered, opening the door and ushering her in. She raised her eyebrows slightly as she saw Nathan perched on the end of the bed, but didn’t mention it. I sat next to Nathan while Briony stood by the now shut door. Her eyes wide with worry, fidgeting with the straps of her massive backpack. She was obviously ready to leave.

“So they’re fighting.” Briony looked close to tears. “Sasha kissed Tom.” I bit my lip, not knowing what to do, not wanting to let on that I had seen it.

“Baby I’m sorry.” I said, going over and hugging her. Feeling her small arms wind around my middle, she began to shake with tears. We broke apart and I exchanged a worried glance with Nathan who looked concerned.

“Stop changing the subject, Charlie! Do you love me?!” The screaming started up again.

“That is neither here nor there! You cheated, Sasha. Plain and simple.”