chapter 22

i saw you this morning

before richie could say a word, the bell rung and class began.

richie heard what mr hanlon was saying as he tried to teach geography to the class, but the words sounded thousands of miles away. drowned out by the sound of his blood and heart. he could hear his heartbeat increase. sweat drops fell from his forehead as he read the words over and over, trying to pretend like he didn't know exactly what they meant.

richie hadn't even looked back at emma yet. too worried of what he'd see. would emma tell anyone?

"mr tozier? mr tozier!" richie was snapped back to reality at the sound of me hanlons voice. he looked up at the man who surprisingly looked concerned, "are you feeling all right? you're as white as a ghost,"

richie looked away from mr hanlons gaze and said quietly, "ya, i'm fine," he paused, then added, "could i go to the nurse?"

mr hanlon nodded and added, "of course richie,"

without looking at mr hanlon or emma, richie walked out of the room.

before richie could get far, he heard a familiar voice yell, "tozier!"

he knew it was her, but he wasn't willing to stop walking.

he felt a hand on his shoulder that forcefully turned him around. and of course he saw emma's face.

"emma!" richie exclaimed with a huge, fake smile, then, faking a western accent, "what brings a fine lady like you around these parts,"

"cut the shit, tozier," emma said, rolling her eyes, "i knew there was a reason you turned me down. really richie? it's one thing to date a guy, but a teacher? that's so wrong richie,"

"you don't know shit emma powers. besides you don't have the balls to do anything about it," and that was the moment richie knew, he fucked up.

"oh really? do i not? well, wouldn't it just be a shame if my father, head cop in this 'fine town' were to find out about your little fling?"

"goddamnit emma, you fucking wouldn't"

"oh, i fucking would," at this moment emma didn't just look evil. she looked destructive.

"then what exactly would he do, huh? i'm of legal age, nothing bad would happen to eddie,"

"really? cause from what i know, this has been going on for a year... and who do you think he would believe? me, his daughter, or the dumbass trash mouth who basically lives on the streets?"

richies heart started pumping and his face went red with infuriation. he thought and thought and tried to think of a way out of this, but he couldn't, "please emma, don't do this..."

emma smirked, "i won't... on one condition,"

richie thought about his love for eddie, he would do anything to keep him safe, anything, "i'll do it,"

"break up with him, break his heart," those words made richies heart break in two, "then get together with me," emma saw the look of disgust on his face, and rolled her eyes, "relax, we don't have to do anything, just pretend in school, to raise my status,"

richie scoffed, "so that's the only reason you asked me out? for popularity?" richies voiced cracked, and tears were rolling down his cheeks, he couldn't break up with eddie. eddie was his everything.

"well, it sounds mean when you put it that way," she fake pouted, then quickly put her bitch face back on, "you have til the end of today, really hurt him richie, make it fun," she smirked and started to walk away, the turned back and finished, "and if you tell anyone, especially eddie, about this little conversation we had, i'll make sure to tell my dad right away, and that'll be it. for both of you."

richie wanted yell at her. wanted to scream think and call her a bitch or anything even worse. but words didn't come out. all he could do was make little sobs. one after one until he was on his knees, crying into his hands.

~~~

richie slowly walked to eddies office, wiping his tears away and trying to hide it as best as he could. he couldn't let anything wrong happen to eddie, he promised himself that, nothing.

he was in love with his teacher, and that will cost him so much. he knew that, but he wouldn't accept it, and now he's paying for it.

he walked into eddies classroom, he had no class this period.

eddie looked up to see richie close the door, and see how red his eyes were, "baby... what's wrong?" eddie got up, concerned.

"don't-don't call me that," richie could feel the tears coming back.

"rich... are you ok,"

richie looked at the beautiful man, the one he had fallen so helplessly in love with, and pulled him in for one last desperate, passionate kiss.

eddie kissed back and wrapped his arms around richies neck, pulling him closer.

richie realized that this might be the last time he'll ever feel this way. feel eddies soft lips on his. feel this rush of happiness from just knowing that him and eddie are together. feel so in love that he knows he would die in a split instant for the man he is holding in his arms, trying so hard not to let go.

but he knew it had to end. if you love them let them go, right?

richie pushes away from eddies grasp, and quickly turned away, then started crying again.

"i'm sorry, i'm so fucking sorry eds,"

"rich, what's wrong? your scaring me,"

richie took a deep breath, and with a tear rolling down his face, he said the words, "this isn't going to work out, i have to end it,"

eddie went completely silent, until he got out, "why?"

richie could tell he was crying, and it broke his heart even more, "i-i can't tell you that,"

richie started walking to the door, and he made the mistake of looking back. eddies face was bright red, full of hurt and confusion, and he muttered out a few words that tore richie into pieces, "please don't go... i really love you,"

richie almost broke down, so he turned and left the room, then closed the door behind him, and ran.

wow gang it's been a miNUTE

sorry it took me so long to update, finals were stressful so i had to take a break and for the past few week fortnite has been consuming my life lmaoo (my name is ellabamford on fortnite if anyone wants to add me ;))

anyway, sorry again that it took me yEARS to update, i actually suck

ilya !!!!

-ella