Chapter 3

Elsa had spent months crying over Jack after she saw him with the golden haired girl, and Anna and Merida had to suffer and handle an emotional Elsa.

"I don't need him, nor do I want to see him ever again." She thought. She was so lost in her thoughts so nearly crashed into Merida.

"Better not lose your head lass." She warned. "Are you alright?" Elsa nodded, pushing away all thoughts of Jack away. She was graduating soon, so he didn't matter.

"Yes, I'm fine." Merida wasn't convinced.

"It was Jack again, wasn't it?" Elsa feigned a look of shock and surprise.

"What? No! I mean, we're not together anymore. Besides, I have Hans." Merida rolled her eyes.

"You mean the conceited loser who bails on you almost every single date? You need to stop thinking that relationship is going ta work!" Elsa grew angry with her friend. What did she know about her life anyways? But it was true. It hurt when he left her alone of those nights. Jack, her childhood friend, never used to leave her alone. He was always within reach.

"Elsa, are you listening ta me?" Merida said. "You need ta stop dating Hans!"

"But we have a date tonight..." Elsa protested.

"And he is going to leave you alone again! Just let him go Elsa!" Elsa sighed.

"If he bails, I'll break up with him. If he doesn't, you don't mention this again, okay?" Merida shook her hand.

"Deal."

Elsa's phone rang. Merida took a quick glance at the caller ID before calling, "Elsa, your phone is ringing!" Elsa came out of the bathroom and grabbed her cellphone.

"Hello? Oh Hans! Wait... But... You said... I understand. Okay, bye." After Elsa hit the end call button, Merida started hopping around the room going, "Ha! I knew it! He was going to leave you out to dry!" Elsa glared at her. "It's fine." Merida expression changed.

"No it's not. I know you want ta have a serious relationship. This... This thing! Is just a game!" She sputtered. Elsa put down her phone. Merida was right. She sat on her bed and started crying. Merida walked over and sat next to her. Elsa started to talk absent-mindedly about Jack and her relationship and how different it was from the one she had now from Hans. She rambled on and on until Merida grabbed Elsa's phone and pressed it into her hand.

"Elsa, if you really feel that way about how bad the relationship is, then you need to end it." Elsa took a shaky breath and said, "Okay."

“Hello?” Hans said, trying not to sound as drunk as he actually was.

“Hi Hans, its Elsa.”

“Oh hey Elsie what’s up?” He struggled not to slur his words.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t do this anymore.” Hans took a drink from his glass.

“What?” He asked.

“I’m sorry, but it’s over. I’m breaking up with you.” Hans tried to focus on what Elsa was saying but he couldn’t so instead of asking her to repeat herself, he said,

“Yeah okay, that’s cool.” Elsa was shocked. Was he really letting her go that easily?

“Okay,” she said shakily, “bye Hans.” Hans hung up and one of his friends came up to him.

“Hey,” he asked, “who was that?” Hans shook his head and drank the rest of his drink.

“Oh that was just my girlfriend. You know women…” His friend laughed and said, “Is she clingy or what?”

“Yeah, she gets all emotional when I bail on a few dates. She needs to loosen up. I don’t want to talk about it.” Hans said. “Where’s the rest of the beer?”

“Man,” his friend commented. “You really are drunk off your ass.”

“Shut up.” Hans growled, and took another swig from his newly opened bottle.

The next day, it was Sunday, which meant no classes. Elsa was doing homework with Merida when a knock interrupted them. She opened the door to see Hans holding a bouquet of flowers.

"I'm so sorry Elsa!" Hans pleaded, desperate. "I'll..."

"Save it." Elsa snapped interrupting him. "I meant what I said yesterday. Don't you dare come near me ever again!" And she slammed the door in Hans' face, leaving him out in the hallway, stunned into silence.

Later that evening, while Elsa was showering, Merida took her phone and laptop and scrolled through the contacts. After finding what she was looking for, she left Elsa's devices back where she found them and opened her own laptop. A few minutes later, Elsa came out of the washroom.

"What are you doing?" She asked Merida, who lay on her bed with her laptop open.

"Oh nothing. Just Skyping some friends." Little did Elsa know, Merida was looking at Skype, but she was definitely not talking to people. Elsa yawned.

"Okay. I'm going to bed. Just make sure you don't stay up too late, k?" Merida rolled her eyes.

"Yes mother." She said. Elsa gave her a playful shove.

"Seriously, we have classes tomorrow."

"Don't worry, I won't disturb you." Elsa nodded, said goodnight, and went to sleep.

"Hmm..." Merida said scrolling through the list of names. "Ah there he is." Clicking add to contacts button, she sent him a friend request. Almost immediately, he accepted and a conversation was opened. 

Jack: Uhh... Do I know you?

Merida: No, but you know Elsa, don't you?

Jack: Wait a second, this is Elsa?

Merida: No, this is her roommate, Merida. 

Jack: Oh, hi. I'm Jack. Nice to meet you.

Merida: I wish I could say the same. I've heard a lot from Elsa about you. 

Jack: Oh... You have?

Merida: Yes, but that's not the point. Elsa just broke up with her recent boyfriend, and she wants to have a relationship... But, what I really think she wants is a relationship with you. 

Jack: ... But she said she didn't want me back in her life. 

Merida: I know what she said, but now, she needs you more than ever. 

Jack paused, thinking about it. He really missed Elsa too, he just didn't realize it. Her smile, the way she could cheer him up when he was feeling down, her laugh, the way she could tell whether something was wrong... 

Jack: I'll think about it.